LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

What Do You Think Of This Trade Proposal?

I took over a bad team in a dynasty league. I have 1st pick and a guy offered DeSean Jackson for my first pick (basically Ryan Matthews for DeSean Jackson). Would any of you take the deal?

It's a ppr 16 team league. Both my running backs and receivers suck so the players I already have will not impact my decision.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
I took over a bad team in a dynasty league. I have 1st pick and a guy offered DeSean Jackson for my first pick (basically Ryan Matthews for DeSean Jackson). Would any of you take the deal?

It's a ppr 16 team league. Both my running backs and receivers suck so the players I already have will not impact my decision.

Depends on the rest of your roster... how bad are you?
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Depends on the rest of your roster... how bad are you?

My running backs are Marion barber, Ahmad Bradshaw, and portis. My receivers are Lee Evans, lance Moore, and Kevin Curtis. The only good player is Phillip rivers. I don't know what the original owner was thinking.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
So Ryan Matthews is the best player you can possibly get.

I'd rather have Desean

Your wide receivers are simply awful. And there is a huge drop off in WRs after guys like Desean/Colston/Jennings.
Damn I hope you can turn that team around
Originally posted by teeohh:
Damn I hope you can turn that team around

Yeah since it's a deep dynasty league, it's gonna takes years great decisions. That's I'm asking about this offer.
I think I'd trade Matthews for DeSean. Especially if WR is thin because of the dynasty aspect. Try to get a sleeper WR and a sleeper RB like Arian Foster and I think you'd be okay. Marion Barber might have a great season and Ahmad Bradshaw has a chance to share a larger part of the load with Jacobs.

[ Edited by chico49erfan on Aug 4, 2010 at 10:12:40 ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran

i wouldn't do this deal. If it were me (7+ years experience in a dynasty league.) I would try and trade one of your players plus the #1 pick to a guy in the top 5ish (or 4-7 depending on how many players you feel can contribute in the long haul) for an upgrade at one of my positions and his/her draft pick. Don't try and rob the guy. Just try to upgrade. Like a Lee Evans plus your #1 for a Santonio Holmes and the #4 pick or something. Just something to upgrade your mediocre players for a decent starter.

Here's another one that i'd try. Philip Rivers and say Lee evans for Kolb and a santonio Holmes or a hakeem nicks or a dwayne Bowe type tier of player. Maybe even have them throw in a 1st round pick if it's a late one. Even if you have to throw in your 2nd rounder.

Doing a 1 for 1 trade in the position you're in isn't going to really do anything for you. You have 2 assets. Rivers OR the #1 pick to get you 2 players. The key is to remember that this is a dynasty. Rivers will be 29 by the end of the season. How old will he be when your team finally takes shape? Use him while you can. But don't give him away.

What pick does the Desean jackson owner have? Can you list the rosters of the teams picking in the top 5?

For the record my trade scenarios are basically just letting you know what type of tiered player to try and go for. Not necessarily a trade i'd offer. Atleast not without knowing what everyone has.
s

[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Aug 4, 2010 at 23:37:27 ]
Originally posted by krizay:

i wouldn't do this deal. If it were me (7+ years experience in a dynasty league.) I would try and trade one of your players plus the #1 pick to a guy in the top 5ish (or 4-7 depending on how many players you feel can contribute in the long haul) for an upgrade at one of my positions and his/her draft pick. Don't try and rob the guy. Just try to upgrade. Like a Lee Evans plus your #1 for a Santonio Holmes and the #4 pick or something. Just something to upgrade your mediocre players for a decent starter.

Here's another one that i'd try. Philip Rivers and say Lee evans for Kolb and a santonio Holmes or a hakeem nicks or a dwayne Bowe type tier of player. Maybe even have them throw in a 1st round pick if it's a late one. Even if you have to throw in your 2nd rounder.

Doing a 1 for 1 trade in the position you're in isn't going to really do anything for you. You have 2 assets. Rivers OR the #1 pick to get you 2 players. The key is to remember that this is a dynasty. Rivers will be 29 by the end of the season. How old will he be when your team finally takes shape? Use him while you can. But don't give him away.

What pick does the Desean jackson owner have? Can you list the rosters of the teams picking in the top 5?

For the record my trade scenarios are basically just letting you know what type of tiered player to try and go for. Not necessarily a trade i'd offer. Atleast not without knowing what everyone has.

I was thinking the same thing regarding getting 2 players for one asset since I only have to assets anyone would want.

My team
QB: Rivers, Bulger
RB: Barber, Portis, Ahmed Bradshaw'
WR: Lee Evans, Lance Moore, Kevin Curtis
TE: Gonzalez, Pettigrew
DEF: Giants, Pats

Team drafting 2nd
QB: Lienart, Derek Anderson
RB: Sproles, Hightower, Westbrook, Michael Bush, Coffee, Sammy Morris
WR: Greg Jennings, Ochocinco, Antonio Bryant, Bess, Gage
TE: John Carlson
DEF: Denver

Team drafting 3rd
QB: Aaron Rodgers, Trent Edwards
RB: Slaton, Bernard Scott, Kevin Smith
WR: Berrian, Manningham, Anthony Gonzalez, Louis Murphy, Patrick Crayton,
TE: Cooley, David Thomas
DEF: Miami, Cincy

Team drafting 4th
QB: Brady
RB: Brandon Jacobs, Jonathan Steward, Buckhalter
WR: Nate Washington, Braylon Edwards
TE: Shianco
DEF: SF, Minn

Team drafting 5th
QB: Cutler, Orton
RB: Ray Rice, Forte, James Davis
WR: Calvin Johnson, Maclin, Eddie Royal, Mossaquoi, Edelman, Brian Hartline
TE: Dustin Keller
DEF: Jets

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:

I was thinking the same thing regarding getting 2 players for one asset since I only have to assets anyone would want.

My team
QB: Rivers, Bulger
RB: Barber, Portis, Ahmed Bradshaw'
WR: Lee Evans, Lance Moore, Kevin Curtis
TE: Gonzalez, Pettigrew

Team drafting 2nd
QB: Lienart, Derek Anderson
RB: Sproles, Hightower, Westbrook, Michael Bush, Coffee, Sammy Morris
WR: Greg Jennings, Ochocinco, Antonio Bryant, Bess, Gage
TE: John Carlson
DEF: Denver

Team drafting 3rd
QB: Aaron Rodgers, Trent Edwards
RB: Slaton, Bernard Scott, Kevin Smith
WR: Berrian, Manningham, Anthony Gonzalez, Louis Murphy, Patrick Crayton,
TE: Cooley, David Thomas
DEF: Miami, Cincy

Team drafting 4th
QB: Brady
RB: Brandon Jacobs, Jonathan Steward, Buckhalter
WR: Nate Washington, Braylon Edwards
TE: Shianco
DEF: SF, Minn

Team drafting 5th
QB: Cutler, Orton
RB: Ray Rice, Forte, James Davis
WR: Calvin Johnson, Maclin, Eddie Royal, Mossaquoi, Edelman, Brian Hartline
TE: Dustin Keller
DEF: Jets

what i'd try... Rivers, Portis & Lee Evans for (team 2) Bush, Jennings and the #2 pick. If they want to pull Bush from the trade or substitute Portis for Barber then so be it.

Then I'd try Tony Gonzales for (team 3) Anthony Gonzales.

If (and only if) those trades go through. I'd try Barber and Bradshaw to the Jacobs owner (team 4) for Braylon Edwards

If these trades go through....
QB: Bulger
RB: Ryan Matthews, Jahvid Best, Bush
WR: Jennings, Edwards, Anthony Gonzales, Lance Moore, Kevin Curtis
TE:, Pettigrew

Then all you'll need to focus on to be competitive this year is a QB. But you'll be set at the core postions in the future.

What does the Kevin Kolb and Alex Smith (gulp) teams look like? out of curiosity

EDIT** also the Cassell and Henne teams?

[ Edited by krizay on Aug 5, 2010 at 11:37:16 ]
a

[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Aug 5, 2010 at 14:40:26 ]
^^^^

Thanks a lot. Those are really great ideas and I am pretty high on Bush. I think he'll end up being the primary back instead of McFadden. I doubt if he lets him go if he approves that deal but it would be a nice bonus if he does.

Team with Kolb
QB: Favre, Kolb, Flacco
RB: Turner, Thomas Jones, Donald Brown, LeRoy McClain, McGahee, Snelling
WR: Steve Smith (car), Breasten, Welker, Kevin Walter

Team with Alex Smith
QB: Big Ben, Alex, Vince Young
RB: Ronnie Brown, LT, Lynch, Forsett
WR: Mike Wallace, Santonio Holmes, Percey Harvin, Hester
TE: Shockey

Oh and DeSean Jackson's owner who wants my 1st pick has 7th pick. This is his team:
QB: Eli Manning, Matthew Stafford
RB: LeSean McCoy, Shone Greene
WR: DJax, Andre Johnson, Malcolm Floyd, Jacoby Jones, DHB, Devery Henderson
TE: Jermichael Finley, Fred Davis

[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Aug 5, 2010 at 15:30:04 ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
^^^^

Thanks a lot. Those are really great ideas and I am pretty high on Bush. I think he'll end up being the primary back instead of McFadden. I doubt if he lets him go if he approves that deal but it would be a nice bonus if he does.

Team with Kolb
QB: Favre, Kolb, Flacco
RB: Turner, Thomas Jones, Donald Brown, LeRoy McClain, McGahee, Snelling
WR: Steve Smith (car), Breasten, Welker, Kevin Walter

Team with Alex Smith
QB: Big Ben, Alex, Vince Young
RB: Ronnie Brown, LT, Lynch, Forsett
WR: Mike Wallace, Santonio Holmes, Percey Harvin, Hester
TE: Shockey

Oh and DeSean Jackson's owner who wants my 1st pick has 7th pick. This is his team:
QB: Eli Manning, Matthew Stafford
RB: LeSean McCoy, Shone Greene
WR: DJax, Andre Johnson, Malcolm Floyd, Jacoby Jones, DHB, Devery Henderson
TE: Jermichael Finley, Fred Davis

You may be able to swing a Kolb or Flacco

instead of
Quote:
If (and only if) those trades go through. I'd try Barber and Bradshaw to the Jacobs owner (team 4) for Braylon Edwards
Try a Barber for Kolb kind of trade.

If these trades go through....
QB: Kolb, Bulger
RB: Ryan Matthews, Jahvid Best, Bush, Bradshaw
WR: Jennings, Anthony Gonzales, Lance Moore, Kevin Curtis
TE:, Pettigrew

Then all you need is WR help. Which is easier to find.

See absolutely nothing with the Djax owner. Atleast not anything to really help you.

As for teh Alex Smith owner. Don't really see anything here either. But mainly because of Ben's suspension. Though if Alex plays good the 1st couple of weeks. Ben may be able to be had on the cheap.
Keep the pick or do what krizay is suggesting. Sleeper receivers come around alot more often than sleeper running backs. Miles Austin, Pierre Garcon, Sidney Rice, Mike Wallace.

Just look for guys with a QB who can get them the ball. Johny Knox might be a really good additional with Martz in town. Brandon Tate in New England has good dynasty value as well.
Share 49ersWebzone