Potentiial top 10 breakthrough players in 2010

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dominate:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by Dominate:
Originally posted by crzy:
Wow, that guy is a 49er homer.

Not really, Alex threw for 2, 350 yds with 18 tds in 10 games started. That averages out to about 28 Tds and and 3500 yds over a 16 game season.

Then you got crabs who looked like a vet without even attending TC. He had no rapport with Smith and he still played like a number one WR.

I think he is pretty spot on.

Yea...but we won't be throwing that much this season. We will be running a lot more otherwise we wouldn't have drafted two OL who excel at run blocking and need to work on their pass-blocking. I don't see how either one of them will have a break-out year. They might have good years, but breakout years (as in pro-bowl type of years)...far from it.

There is no way we dont pass the ball early and often this year. We cant win if we dont throw the ball and Sing learned that lesson last year. We need to use the pass to setup the run. And then ram it down their throats in the 2nd half with a lead. We have alot of weapons and our offense is very dangerous. Yes it hinges on Alex, but Alex looked pretty good last year and I dont see why he wont look even better this year. Another offseason under Raye, a full offseason with Crabs/Ginn and his favorite target VD we be back and better than ever. Plus he still has Gore to rely on.

I see big things this year!

You're gonna be disappointed this season if you think we are going to pass early and often. We will have a good balance, which will lean more towards the run.
If the 49ers expect to play from behind alot this , then Alex is a good pick. We have a fairly easy schedule (4th easiest), so I really dont expect to play from behind...We will run with Gore.

However , stats are stats, doesnt matter if they were playing from behind. This is fantasy!!!!!!

It'd be a problem if it werent.
Crabtree is a legitimate 2nd WR on a fantasy team
I can think of two more receivers I'd add to the list
Originally posted by teeohh:
I can think of two more receivers I'd add to the list

ok....?
I think people are overrating Crabtree as a fantasy player. He's the number 2 receiving threat on an at best mediocre passing attack.

I don't think he's a Pro Bowl WR caliber just yet. He was consisant but he had zero 100 yard games last season.

I'm guessing 900 yards 5-6 TD's if he stays healthy all year. That's good production for your 3rd receiver but he's not going to be on my radar until that time.

Alex on the other hand is good value. He's a decent backup and given his reputation will be on the board longer than he should.
Share 49ersWebzone