LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Parking Lot Crew league 5 likely need 1 new owner

I really really really like RednGold's team followed by Ron's team. 4ML's and dmart's (whoever he is) teams are very good as well.

QB Roethlisberger (i think his suspension is going to get reduced to 4 before the season starts)
RB Maurice Jones Drew
RB Michael Turner
WR Chad Ochocinco
WR Sidney Rice (didn't know he was injured)
WR Percy Harvin (again didn't know about his bad migrane issues, needs to get some medical marijuana)
RB/WR Michael Bush RB Oakland
TE Owen Daniels
K Neil Rackers (probably swapped out)
DEF Tennessee Titans (I think they bounce back)

Bench Kyle Orton (to be switched out)
Bench Jerome Harrison RB Cleveland
Bench Anthony Gonzalez WR Indi (sleeper pick)
Bench Mario Manningham WR
Bench New York Giants (another bounce back pick)

Overall I think I did OKAY considering I made that unfortunate mistake trade and that I invested about 1 hour total into fantasy research as I've been extremely busy the last two weeks. Not great buy any means. This will be interesting because I'll pretty much be forced to use the waiver wire this year, where I've been hesitant in my two previous years playing FF.

Messed up drafting my second QB which is going to be very important with having Big Ben. Narrowly missed on some QB's I was targeting and ended up with a pile of crap. Wasn't really aware of the injury issues of my WR's. I've got a lot of work to do.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Thanks ATG. You two starting RBs are probably the best in the league. I can't believe you got two of those backs on one team.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Starters:
QB: Kevin Kolb
RB: Chris Johnson
RB: Knowshon Moreno
RB: Beanie Wells
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: DeSean Jackson
WR: Hakeem Nicks
TE: John Carlson
DEF: Baltimore Ravens

Bench:
QB: Matt Leinart
RB: Reggie Bush
RB: Darren McFadden
WR: Malcom Floyd
WR: Mike Williams
DEF: Miami Dolphins
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Thanks ATG. You two starting RBs are probably the best in the league. I can't believe you got two of those backs on one team.

The only reason I got them on the same team was because I stupidly gave up my first round pick for him. 2nd round would've been fine.

Is MJD, Turner and my committee of Roethlisberger (10-12 games) plus crap (4-6 games) better than Schaub, MJD and my first rounder? Not liking the prospects of that.
I like my team, think it is better than what I started out with last year

picking up Austin and Harrison during the season carried me to the championship last year, lets see what happens this time

good luck everyone
I am dmart, and I FN HATE my team....NEVER allow FleaFlicker to auto draft your team. NEVER. EVERYONE on my team is available for a trade....I should just rename my team the FN Bears....WTF

Tony Romo QB
Pierre Thomas RB
Arian Foster RB
Matt Forte RB
Larry Fitzgerald WR
Brandon Marshall WR
Johnny Knox WR
Chris Cooley TE
Matt Prater K
San Diego Chargers TM

Benched
Eli Manning QB
Jay Cutler QB
Thomas Jones RB
Chester Taylor RB
Devin Aromashodu
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
I am dmart, and I FN HATE my team....NEVER allow FleaFlicker to auto draft your team. NEVER. EVERYONE on my team is available for a trade....I should just rename my team the FN Bears....WTF

Tony Romo QB
Pierre Thomas RB
Arian Foster RB
Matt Forte RB
Larry Fitzgerald WR
Brandon Marshall WR
Johnny Knox WR
Chris Cooley TE
Matt Prater K
San Diego Chargers TM

Benched
Eli Manning QB
Jay Cutler QB
Thomas Jones RB
Chester Taylor RB
Devin Aromashodu

wtffff...why did they give you Eli Manning and Cutler when you already had Romo. LOOOOOL - I might be interested in one of your QBs. Let me know what you're looking for.

Tony Romo QB
Pierre Thomas RB
Arian Foster RB
Matt Forte RB
Larry Fitzgerald WR
Brandon Marshall WR
Johnny Knox WR
Chris Cooley TE
Matt Prater K
San Diego Chargers TM

Benched
Eli Manning QB
Jay Cutler QB
Thomas Jones RB
Chester Taylor RB
Devin Aromashodu

wtffff...why did they give you Eli Manning and Cutler when you already had Romo. LOOOOOL - I might be interested in one of your QBs. Let me know what you're looking for.

I KNOW and for me being as drunk as I am, I even know that is a WTF?!?!?!?!?! I have seen Fleaflicker do this s**t before (like autopick 2 Ks) but this is retarded! And I want to see the draft summary, and it wont show me
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Tony Romo QB
Pierre Thomas RB
Arian Foster RB
Matt Forte RB
Larry Fitzgerald WR
Brandon Marshall WR
Johnny Knox WR
Chris Cooley TE
Matt Prater K
San Diego Chargers TM

Benched
Eli Manning QB
Jay Cutler QB
Thomas Jones RB
Chester Taylor RB
Devin Aromashodu

I KNOW and for me being as drunk as I am, I even know that is a WTF?!?!?!?!?! I have seen Fleaflicker do this s**t before (like autopick 2 Ks) but this is retarded! And I want to see the draft summary, and it wont show me

I don't think you want to see the draft summary. It will only make you depressed.
If you're treating Manning like a top 10 quarterback than I'm sorry but this would appear to put a damper on our trading prospects. I'm just trying to find a competent QB to cover Big Ben during his suspension. Once you get past the top 7 or 8 QB's in this league there isn't that much separating the 9th from the 16th. Jason freaking Campbell scored only 30 points less than Eli Manning did last year.

If your asking price comes down a bit I might be interested in doing a package deal including a QB however Turner and MJD are off limits to trades.

Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
If you're treating Manning like a top 10 quarterback than I'm sorry but this would appear to put a damper on our trading prospects. I'm just trying to find a competent QB to cover Big Ben during his suspension. Once you get past the top 7 or 8 QB's in this league there isn't that much separating the 9th from the 16th. Jason freaking Campbell scored only 30 points less than Eli Manning did last year.

If your asking price comes down a bit I might be interested in doing a package deal including a QB however Turner and MJD are off limits to trades.

well Im certainly not trading Manning for Manningham Im asking you to be more reasonable, so youve got to do better than that. and yeah I am treating Manning like a top 10 QB, because he is. Of course I didnt want 3 QB's but it is what it is and I have 3 quality QBs that are all on the market.

[ Edited by ninerlifer on Aug 22, 2010 at 07:37:25 ]

well Im certainly not trading Manning for Manningham Im asking you to be more reasonable, so youve got to do better than that. and yeah I am treating Manning like a top 10 QB, because he is. Of course I didnt want 3 QB's but it is what it is and I have 3 quality QBs that are all on the market.

I value both Cutler and Manning as elite backups. It doesn't have to be Manningham that was just an offer to show interest in fact I would have been a bit surprised if you took it (although I think it was a decent offer and not a joke like you imply). I'm still potentially interested in a package deal involving one of these quarterbacks, but I'm certainly not going to give up either of my keepers in a package just to get what I consider to be a backup quarterback.
Just out of curiosity, what do you guys think of my team?
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Just out of curiosity, what do you guys think of my team?

It has potential, you might issues early on with your QB play but your skill players could carry you. The NFL is a crap shoot from season to season when it comes to fantasy performances and that's why I love it. That's also why I rarely pass judgment on fantasy rosters before the season starts.

I value both Cutler and Manning as elite backups. It doesn't have to be Manningham that was just an offer to show interest in fact I would have been a bit surprised if you took it (although I think it was a decent offer and not a joke like you imply). I'm still potentially interested in a package deal involving one of these quarterbacks, but I'm certainly not going to give up either of my keepers in a package just to get what I consider to be a backup quarterback.

Well Im glad you do, but most everyone else considers them starters, you have Rapeaburger who is out for 6 games....and you still want a "elite backup?" Im still laughing at Manningham if you really think it was serious.

And you wouldnt think I would give up my keeper WR and or Romo? Come on man....I look at it after the game.
Share 49ersWebzone