There are 180 users in the forums

WZ Baseball 2014

• MuggD
  • Veteran
I'll ask again.. I don't understand how the draft is working. It's different than last year? There is no time limit on picks? Is it on Yahoo?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Muggins:
I'll ask again.. I don't understand how the draft is working. It's different than last year? There is no time limit on picks? Is it on Yahoo?

What do you mean limit on picks? Everybody will have a 23 man roster. 23 man roster and 1 DL position

This will be a WZ draft, not a live draft. You post your pic in this thread. Also, yes it has always been on Yahoo and will continue to stay that way
[ Edited by jrg on Feb 17, 2013 at 2:53 PM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
What do you mean limit on picks? Everybody will have a 23 man roster. 23 man roster and 1 DL position

This will be a WZ draft, not a live draft. You post your pic in this thread. Also, yes it has always been on Yahoo and will continue to stay that way

So it is different then last year. Last year we drafted AT yahoo. So, as we draft here will it be updated at yahoo, so it's easy to sort through players?
  • jrg
  • Veteran

So it is different then last year. Last year we drafted AT yahoo. So, as we draft here will it be updated at yahoo, so it's easy to sort through players?

Once the draft is completed I enter the rosters for each team.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I need 4 keepers from you as well
Originally posted by redrose49er:
James, shouldn't there only be 19 rounds in the draft seeing as everyone has 4 keepers already? Also, do those owners with additional picks sacrifice later picks as they don't have the roster space to make the additional picks?

Yes and yes

Technically the draft starts in Round 5

That's different from last year. Last year our keepers were taken from our last 3 picks in the draft. Crzy had 3 1st round picks he traded for in that draft, and we started out in round 1 (not round 4).
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

So during the draft we'll have to check here to see if a player is available over there at the yahoo league? I'm seriously confused on how this works.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Originally posted by redrose49er:
James, shouldn't there only be 19 rounds in the draft seeing as everyone has 4 keepers already? Also, do those owners with additional picks sacrifice later picks as they don't have the roster space to make the additional picks?

Yes and yes

Technically the draft starts in Round 5

That's different from last year. Last year our keepers were taken from our last 3 picks in the draft. Crzy had 3 1st round picks he traded for in that draft, and we started out in round 1 (not round 4).

You're right.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

So during the draft we'll have to check here to see if a player is available over there at the yahoo league? I'm seriously confused on how this works.

Yes. Lol, it's not hard man. You just post who you're drafting in this thread instead of choosing him in a live draft.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
You'll catch on.

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Aight.

I'll make my keepers in a bit. What's Allen Craig gonna be doing this year?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Aight.

I'll make my keepers in a bit. What's Allen Craig gonna be doing this year?

Every day 1B for Cardinals
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Tulowitzki
Fielder
Holliday
Cain
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
I'm definitely satisfied with my trades that I made. Trading for Vargas and Cliff Lee were what put me over the top to win this thing last year. I sacrificed a few mid round picks (pretty much what they are after keeping 4 players) to bolster my pitching staff.

Vargas and Lee eventually lead my team in QS's. Vargas had 4 in his last 5 starts, and Cliff Lee was dominant (outside of wins) since I traded for him. I won my matchup 6-5 with John because I had more QS's than him. Would make the same deals again.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
crzy keeps Mike Trout, Matt Kemp, Yoenis Céspedes and Edwin Encarnación
Share 49ersWebzone