LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 176 users in the forums

WZ Baseball 2014

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jrg:
Uh...always? Lol

No way. That's totally incorrect. The consolation bracket has never determined the following year's draft order.

The consolation bracket is crap. It's not the playoffs at all.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
Uh...always? Lol

No way. That's totally incorrect. The consolation bracket has never determined the following year's draft order.

The consolation bracket is crap. It's not the playoffs at all.

Its been this way every single year man.

This is going to be the 4th year of this league and the rules have been the same.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Somebody back me up.

There's no way the stupid consolation bracket for which I didn't set my roster should have any impact on the draft order.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Where are the previous year's drafts in this league so that I can check
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Somebody back me up.

There's no way the stupid consolation bracket for which I didn't set my roster should have any impact on the draft order.

While I agree, its been that way ever since the league has started. Should we change it moving forward? I think so. But how is it fair to Knowledge and Fincham for me to just change the rule right now pre-draft?
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Somebody back me up.

If I'm seeing it correctly that rule is stupid. Basically if you don't make the Playoffs you should bench everyone to insure you finish where you finished?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Somebody back me up.

While I agree, its been that way ever since the league has started. Should we change it moving forward? I think so. But how is it fair to Knowledge and Fincham for me to just change the rule right now pre-draft?

It's absoutlely fair. One of them wasn't even in the league last year. And the other one finished 7 games better than me last season.

It's unfair for me to pick 4th when I had 2nd worst team in the league last year.
I agree with crzy
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I agree with crzy

Its not that I don't agree with him. It is something that needs to be changed and will be going forward. But how can I just change a rule that essentially effects the draft...while we are in pre-draft?

The ONLY way I'd consider this right now is if Knowledge and Fincham agree to it.

Its a stupid rule yes, but it is what it is. Everybody else who drafted in his position could have said the same in previous years.

2010:

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
The only reason people didn't complain in previous years was because they weren't aware of it or paying enough attention.

Otherwise they would have complained because that way of doing the draft order is totally illogical

The only reason people didn't complain in previous years was because they weren't aware of it or paying enough attention.

Otherwise they would have complained because that way of doing the draft order is totally illogical

yup
honestly James, I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

The only reason it has been done the INCORRECT way the last couple of years is because you chose to do it that way, unless I'm wrong and you actually checked with us and we all ok'd that. Unless crzy brings this up, I am sitting here the draft order is being set using common sense, meaning not taking the consolation bracket in the playoffs into consideration at all
I should had had the 4th pick in 2011 instead of the 6th
I'm down with whatever you guys want to do. I'm just glad I got to join and get to play.
LOL Thanks James for posting the standings. I had forgotten that I was in finals all 3 years. Of course I lost the last 2

This year.. no expectations at all. I am so jealous when I see the keepers on some of these teams
Share 49ersWebzone