There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WZ Baseball 2014

• crzy
  • Veteran
:LMAO I'm in last place and I smacked down redrose who is in first.

Originally posted by crzy:
:LMAO I'm in last place and I smacked down redrose who is in first.

Nice. Your hitting was sick this week.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
I need some SP and RP help if anyone wants to trade PM me
Originally posted by ImaMod:

if I get blow out this week feel free to send me a trade offer

I already gave you Haren and Rios for a guy on the DL now. That trade may really end up hurting me now.
James sent me a text asking me to post that he is looking to deal Mike Stanton for a pick in next yrs draft.
I got a lot of crap for this trade so I figured I'd revisit it 2 months later:

Butler: 60/185, 26 walks (3 IBB), .324/.402/.498, 20 R, 9 HR, 29 RBI, 2 NSB
Kendrick: 47/160, 11 walks, .293/.342/.369, 16 R, 1 HR, 14 RBI, 3 NSB

Parker: 63.1 IP, 6 W, 55 SO, 3.76 ERA, 1.19 WHIP, 6 QS
Sabathia: 54.2 IP, 4 W, 54 SO, 3.65 ERA, 1.27 WHIP, 5QS

bottomline: I upgraded my offense while swapping equally good SP's, granted CC's K/9 is better but I knew I was giving that up
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I got a lot of crap for this trade so I figured I'd revisit it 2 months later:

Butler: 60/185, 26 walks (3 IBB), .324/.402/.498, 20 R, 9 HR, 29 RBI, 2 NSB
Kendrick: 47/160, 11 walks, .293/.342/.369, 16 R, 1 HR, 14 RBI, 3 NSB

Parker: 63.1 IP, 6 W, 55 SO, 3.76 ERA, 1.19 WHIP, 6 QS
Sabathia: 54.2 IP, 4 W, 54 SO, 3.65 ERA, 1.27 WHIP, 5QS

bottomline: I upgraded my offense while swapping equally good SP's, granted CC's K/9 is better but I knew I was giving that up

I still dont' know why anyone gave you crap for that trade. I always thought it was a good trade for both sides.

I didn't need Billy Butler, having Joey Votto and Freddie Freeman already on the roster. You needed a first baseman bad at the time, and I wanted to get an Ace on my staff. I know what I'm going to get out of CC Sabathia year in and year out: Cy Young Candidate, solid ERA, good SO numbers and close to 20 wins a season. I made the trade with the intention of not just helping out my team this year, but adding a keeper like Sabathia on my team. I really like Parker, but I was never going to consider keeping him on my roster. I think he has a bright future, but I wasn't going to keep him over McCutchen, Votto and Beltre.

Howie Kendrick was just a throw in, with hopes that he could rebound from a disappointing start. He hasn't been stellar, but solid enough and he gives my roster some added versatility being eligible at 1B/2B/OF.

All-in-All, good trade for both sides.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Im surprised none of the bottom 7 teams put in a Waiver claim for Dan Straily

He wasn't amazing in his debut but he was solid, and he led all of baseball in strikeouts (with 175 strikeouts in 135 innings in the minors.) before he was called up
Glad i won him in both leagues

He wasn't amazing in his debut but he was solid, and he led all of baseball in strikeouts (with 175 strikeouts in 135 innings in the minors.) before he was called up

Marginal prospect heading into this season and doesnt project to be a top of the line guy. He did a good job at home but I would worry about starts on the road. Still, worth a look.

Kid just struck out Trout, Hunter, and Pujols in the first inning. Now THAT is saying something. WOW. Amazing how the A's just keep getting this young pitching. Also pretty amazing how Straily can come out of nowhere after having a down season in 2011 and nowhere to be found among any of the top prospect previews.

He could be a keeper for you! Time will tell.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Kid just struck out Trout, Hunter, and Pujols in the first inning. Now THAT is saying something. WOW. Amazing how the A's just keep getting this young pitching. Also pretty amazing how Straily can come out of nowhere after having a down season in 2011 and nowhere to be found among any of the top prospect previews.

and now he's given up 1 homer the last 4 innings
lol 5 SOs in 4.2 innings but 4 homers and 5 ER

At least it was against the Angels and not a s**tty team..so there's hope
Originally posted by HaRBaLLiN:

and now he's given up 1 homer the last 4 innings
lol 5 SOs in 4.2 innings but 4 homers and 5 ER

At least it was against the Angels and not a s**tty team..so there's hope

LOL Maybe I spoke too soon. Always growing pains for a rookie pitcher especially when you face that lineup.
James' team has 15 homers and 35 rbi and its only Wednesday. Best hitting week I have had in a long time and I am still getting smoked
  • crzy
  • Veteran
James' team has 15 homers and 35 rbi and its only Wednesday. Best hitting week I have had in a long time and I am still getting smoked

lol you're still leading