LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 168 users in the forums

WZ Baseball 2014

I would like to keep 4 players from our current teams. Not a big deal though if you guys would prefer to start that after next years draft.

My question would be: are we going to to continue keeping players the way this league is set-up currently? Or are we going to do something similar to the other league where we keep players based off of what rounds they're selected in?

I honestly like the way keepers are done in the other league. Just my opinion though.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
I would like to keep 4 players from our current teams. Not a big deal though if you guys would prefer to start that after next years draft.

My question would be: are we going to to continue keeping players the way this league is set-up currently? Or are we going to do something similar to the other league where we keep players based off of what rounds they're selected in?

I honestly like the way keepers are done in the other league. Just my opinion though.

I prefer that too. But implementing that for the upcoming draft next year might be unreasonable at this point.

Going forward, after next year, we should switch to the system where you keep players and give up draft picks based on who you keep
turns out Jarrod Parker has been a gem of a pickup but Billy Butler is leaving me hanging
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
turns out Jarrod Parker has been a gem of a pickup but Billy Butler is leaving me hanging

Jarrod parker aint no slouch
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I still honestly can't believe that trade was vetoed because people thought Wainwright and Lester were worth more than a 1st round pick.

I totally got screwed. But it is what it is, I guess.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
I still honestly can't believe that trade was vetoed because people thought Wainwright and Lester were worth more than a 1st round pick.

I totally got screwed. But it is what it is, I guess.

You were also giving Edwin Encarcion who is having a great year.
But you're probably right lol.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Halladay and Beckett both on the DL and my pitching wasn't even good to begin with.
thankfully my pitching allowed me to come out even, nice matchup john
Originally posted by vrabbit:
thankfully my pitching allowed me to come out even, nice matchup john

You too Rabbit.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Wow RA Dickey with another 1 hitter. And 13 Ks! This guy is just crazy good right now

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
I need some SP help
Molina (jrg hit me up ) or Montero can be traded as well as draft picks. Ian desmond and Mark Teixeira can also be traded but I'd need a replacement 1B for him as well
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jun 18, 2012 at 10:53 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
My team is straight DOMINATING right now. 9 - 1.
Scored 100 points today. R.A. Dickey + CC had 50point performances.

Here is my offense
C Carlos Santana, Cle C, 1BCin
1B Mark Trumbo, LAA 1B, OFSF
2B Ian Kinsler, Tex 2B@SD
3B Pablo Sandoval, SF 3B@LAA
SS Asdrubal Cabrera, Cle SSCin
OF Carlos Beltran, StL OF@Det
OF Melky Cabrera, SF OF@LAA
OF Allen Craig, StL OF, 1B@Det
UTIL Edwin Encarnacion, Tor 3B, 1B, DH

Yoenis Cespedes + Carlos Ruiz on my bench.
Most of my offense was from my draft - infact, everyone but Allen Craig and Ruiz was.... had a great draft (not so much for pitchers) pretty good considering my 1st pick was jacoby ellsbury

Pitching (only drafted CC, MadBum, Hanrahan, Perez and Vogey) got lucky with some FAs

CC Sabathia, NYY SPAtl
Madison Bumgarner, SF SP@LAA
Jason Hammel, Bal SP@NYM
James McDonald, Pit SPMin
Scott Diamond, Min SP PP@Pit
Joel Hanrahan, Pit RPMin
Chris Perez, Cle RPCin

Kyle Lohse, StL SP@Det
Ryan Vogelsong, SF SP@LAA
R.A. Dickey, NYM SPBal

#stacked
[ Edited by Garcia on Jun 19, 2012 at 1:35 AM ]
I win 2 or 3 weeks in a row, then I get dismantled...then win another couple weeks in a row, then get destroyed...story of my year.

Someone will be on the blocks soon.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
I win 2 or 3 weeks in a row, then I get dismantled...then win another couple weeks in a row, then get destroyed...story of my year.

Originally posted by ninerlifer:

Thanks for leaving Worley and McDonald on your bench.
Share 49ersWebzone