LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

WZ Baseball 2014

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
In August if your team is out of it and you can get FAIR value then by all means make the deal.

of course

anyways. that deal is ridiculous imo
i know youre trying to build a powerhouse for the future. I understand that you're two or even 3 best players are on the DL, but you can get more than just a 1st round pick, a relief pitcher that wont be available till the all start break (at least), and hitter that would ride half of the teams in this leagues bench

im also against the trade if i didnt make it clear the post before
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
lol at everybody insisting that I could have gotten more.

Well then offer me more.

Otherwise it's a pointless assertation.

Either offer me more or quit BASELESSLY claiming that I could have gotten more.
Crazy... you shoudnt attack my fantasy basketball knowledge. My team was in finals and yours came in last.

However, I digress. The trade you made was one sided, not even close to being smart on your end, and gives James WAY too much of an advantage for the rest of this season. You didnt even try to see what REAL value you could get for these guys. Instead you made a very stupid trade.

I promise you that I have been in MANY more fantasy baseball leagues than you and many have been keeper leagues. So, cut your b******t about anyone not having some wisdom you have. We all know how it works. We also know stupid f**k deals that are totally one sided when we see them. This is one.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
It makes far more sense to make this type of deal in May.

In August, there will be fewer teams in competition.

Basic economics dictates that fewer teams in competition means that fewer teams will be willing to sacrifice future draft picks for a chance at improving their team this season.

Which means that right now is when I can get the most return on a deal.

I should be given credit for recognizing that my current team in it's current state can't win this year.

THAT'S CALLED FORESIGHT.

Why shouldn't I be able to build my team for the future if I KNOW i can't win this year.

It's a keeper league.

Otherwise, why is this even a keeper league?
Its going to be vetoed anyway. Owners in this league arent stupid enough to let that deal go through.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Crazy... you shoudnt attack my fantasy basketball knowledge. My team was in finals and yours came in last.

However, I digress. The trade you made was one sided, not even close to being smart on your end, and gives James WAY too much of an advantage for the rest of this season. You didnt even try to see what REAL value you could get for these guys. Instead you made a very stupid trade.

I promise you that I have been in MANY more fantasy baseball leagues than you and many have been keeper leagues. So, cut your b******t about anyone not having some wisdom you have. We all know how it works. We also know stupid f**k deals that are totally one sided when we see them. This is one.

By "more"...what exactly do mean?

Do you mean "more" in terms of player talent in the trade.

Because believe it or not, I am well aware of the fact that I could have gotten more "player talent" in return than Nova and Storen.

But, because I only care about this team long-term, I don't value player talent unless they are keeper worthy players.

If you mean "more" in terms of draft picks...then I would disagree with you.

Considering the fact that I have offered trades to several players already for multiple picks that were rejected.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Its going to be vetoed anyway. Owners in this league arent stupid enough to let that deal go through.

That's fine with me.

As long as everyone understands that at some point I am going to trade away many or most of my current players for whatever draft picks I can get.

To me, there is no difference between whether or not these trades occur in May or August.
1) giving up in this league 2 months into the league when you still have THREE MONTHS left of season it's so stupid I ain't even gonna break it down for you. After winning week 1 7-5, my next 3 matchups I lost 3-8, 3-8, and 2-10 and was all by myself in last place. I haven't lost a matchup since and I'm slowly moving up and know I have a lot of time to keep trying to move up. YOU ARE ONLY 2.5 GAMES BEHIND ME. Nevermind ridiculous one-sided trades, the fact that you're giving up right now ....

2) I understand the value of 1st round picks, but that doesn't mean you're gonna dump your best players after your 3 keepers on anyone who will give you a 1st round pick, I can't wait to see what kind of package you're going to put up with Cliff Lee to try get another 1st round pick.

And I'm not picking on you, but you were the same guy that traded FOR Curry in WZ Basketball after everyone on their mama knew he was getting shutdown for the season, right? STOP THE SENSELESS TRADES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crazy,
I was a bit harsh on my comments yesterday and for that I apologize. However, my feelings havent changed. Keeper leagues can be cool but only if there is a control on owners who are willing to sacrifice their team 2 months into the season.

I kind of see it this way. 2 owners could essentially control the league by making these kind of trades each year. (not saying you would do that). For example, you trade a bunch of proven fantasy studs to another team for picks. That team then is loaded for this season and the clear cut favorite to win. You come in last place and get the top pick the next season. Then you are loaded for next year and if you draft well are the favorite for the next season. You then trade picks for the next season to that same owner for his studs in order to further to win that year and sacrifice the following season. Now, I know that is extreme but it is certainly possible if owners allowed these kind of deals in May.

I believe no trades of draft picks should be allowed until August at the earliest.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I don't take it personally John. I actually enjoyed the back and forth. Much better to have disagreements than a league where nobody is interested.

In order to avoid the scenario you depicted above, maybe there should be a trade "start date" in addition to the "trade deadline".

Or rather a "trading month". Which begins at July 30 and ends August 30.

Crazy,
I was a bit harsh on my comments yesterday and for that I apologize. However, my feelings havent changed. Keeper leagues can be cool but only if there is a control on owners who are willing to sacrifice their team 2 months into the season.

I kind of see it this way. 2 owners could essentially control the league by making these kind of trades each year. (not saying you would do that). For example, you trade a bunch of proven fantasy studs to another team for picks. That team then is loaded for this season and the clear cut favorite to win. You come in last place and get the top pick the next season. Then you are loaded for next year and if you draft well are the favorite for the next season. You then trade picks for the next season to that same owner for his studs in order to further to win that year and sacrifice the following season. Now, I know that is extreme but it is certainly possible if owners allowed these kind of deals in May.

I believe no trades of draft picks should be allowed until August at the earliest.

disagree with the bolded, draft picks could be used to even out a trade.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Crazy,

disagree with the bolded, draft picks could be used to even out a trade.

Yeah, but if draft picks are traded too early, then a player will be accused of tanking. As I have demonstrated.

Might as well make a rule to prevent future disagreements.
Originally posted by crzy:
I don't take it personally John. I actually enjoyed the back and forth. Much better to have disagreements than a league where nobody is interested.

In order to avoid the scenario you depicted above, maybe there should be a trade "start date" in addition to the "trade deadline".

Or rather a "trading month". Which begins at July 30 and ends August 30.

I agree that having owners who care about the league and want to improve their team is WAY better than owners that could care less once the season starts and wont even set their lineups once they are out of it. That is a reason I was glad you took over.

I dont know if there is an easy solution. I dont want to limit trades right now if they are players for players. I just dont want to have trades that are for #1,#2 or #3 picks for the next season occuring early in the season. Maybe someone has a great idea to solve this.
Maybe I'm the only one, but can't let the guy sit alone on this one...I'm with crzy. Different philosophies I guess.

If we're not gonna allow guys to build for the future in a keeper league, then yes, it does defeat the purpose of actually having a keeper league. And he can start that whenever the hell he wants. April, May, August...whatever.

Lester/Wainwright...nice additions, sure. Nothing that makes me think, "Oh sh*t. I can't compete with James anymore. This league is over." Neither are going to be keepers for crzy, and neither happens to be pitching that well right now. So he makes a move. Not my business what he's doing, it's his team.
It is the business of the league and the owners if trades are out of line. Sorry Sac, could not disagree with you more.

By the way.... Wainwright pitched pretty well tonight didnt he.
Share 49ersWebzone