LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

WZ Baseball 2014

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
5 is too many no matter what.

I think we should go to the keeper rules in the other league...giving up draft picks makes things more interesting

me too
4 at most, with giving up draft picks

and 1 more DL spot.

My keepers would've been different if it was like that this year
[ Edited by ImaMod on May 21, 2012 at 1:25 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Ok, since it's not fair to make changes right now.

I propose

1) We keep 3 keepers for next season, because everyone drafted based on the idea that we would have three keepers.

2) Starting the following year after that, we move to the keeper rules that I set up in the other league: 4 keepers, giving up draft picks.

Is this cool ninerlifer?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
James and I have completed a trade

I trade him Edwin Encarnacion, Jon Lester, Adam Wainwright, 22nd round pick next year

for 1st round pick next year, Jhonny Peralta, Drew Storen, Ivan Nova
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
And I'm totally not bailing on this league next season. I will see my long-term trades through and build a powerhouse
If this trade is allowed to go through then we might as well shut down the league. No one trades Encarnacion, Lester AND Wainwright for garbage and a first round pick. Crazy... you should be ashamed of yourself for even offering this deal. James.. I dont blame you at all.

I can tell you right now that if this trade is allowed I am out of the league and you can get a new owner. Yes, it is a fun league but there needs to be controls over someone like Crazy who obviously is throwing the towel in with well over 100 games to go.
MORE trades only the parties involved believe it's actually fair, that's how Muggins ended with four 1st round picks (took over crzy's team). The only player worth a s**t that crzy gets is Storen (besides the 1st rounder) and this trade is not even AT ALL
[ Edited by vrabbit on May 21, 2012 at 4:12 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
So let me get this straight. NinerJohn believes this trade heavily favors James.

vrabbit believes this trade heavily favors me.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
NinerJohn, vrabbit, please explain to me your perspective and who you believe this trade this trade favors. Because your conflicting posts above are confusing the s**t out of me.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
This is a keeper league. A keeper league. This deal favors James for this season and me long-term.

That's PRECISELY the type of trade that occur in Major League Baseball leading up to the deadline. Where teams make deals to put them over the top and other teams grab assets that help them compete long-term.
So let me get this straight. NinerJohn believes this trade heavily favors James.

I cant make any sense from Rabbits comments. He said that the only player you got that is worth a s**t is Storen ( who has a serious injury) so I hardly think he is saying the trade is heavy for you.

The trade is a joke. You are giving up 2 premier pitchers ( wainwright will be great next yr as it usually takes 2 years to fully get back) and one of the top hitters right now in fantasy that has multiple player eligibility for 2 dogs, an injured relief pitcher, and a first round pick. OK. There is your perspective from me.

This is a keeper league. A keeper league. This deal favors James for this season and me long-term.

That's PRECISELY the type of trade that occur in Major League Baseball leading up to the deadline. Where teams make deals to put them over the top and other teams grab assets that help them compete long-term.

Wrong. No team would give up 2 #1 type pitchers and one of the top HR hitters right now for garbage and a #1 pick. ( that wont even be a high pick if James got all this talent).

Just play the season out Crazy and quit trying to be MLB GM. Its May and the season is a long way out.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Look, John.

This was 2009 Wainwright and 2009 Lester, then not only would this trade look ludicrous, but I would NOT be making this deal at all because I wouldn't be in last place if those two a*****e didn't pitch like complete scrubs for me all season.

PREMEIR PICHERS? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Those guys are pitching like waiver-wire caliber pitchers. You're looking at their names and reputation. Not their actual production.

Almost every good player on my team is injured for a significant length of time and even if my team is at full strength...it's not good enough to make the playoffs. I'm not throwing in the towel at all. I'm being realistic about my chances this season and obtaining assets to help me next season.

I can keep trotting out my full roster this year, knowing full well that I have no chance of making the playoffs.

Or I can make a move to help me be more competitive in the future.

That's exactly what a competitive fantasy GM should be doing with the current team I have.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I cant make any sense from Rabbits comments. He said that the only player you got that is worth a s**t is Storen ( who has a serious injury) so I hardly think he is saying the trade is heavy for you.

The trade is a joke. You are giving up 2 premier pitchers ( wainwright will be great next yr as it usually takes 2 years to fully get back) and one of the top hitters right now in fantasy that has multiple player eligibility for 2 dogs, an injured relief pitcher, and a first round pick. OK. There is your perspective from me.

I posted in a hurry while I was at work.

Basically, my point was all these ridiculous one-sided trades always seem to have you involved, crzy.

The trade is basically Storen and a 1st for Encarnacion, Lester, and Wainwright, nobody gives a flying f**k about Peralta, Nova, or the 22nd pick. Nobody takes your side of the trade, NO ONE. And what are you doing? half of your roster is on the DL and you're now trading for more DL guys? really?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I expect Edwin Encarnacion to regress to the mean, and Lester and Wainwright to regress upwards.

My overall argument is that a first round pick next season is far more valuable to me than Lester and Wainwright even if they do improve on their current statistics.

I made this trade in the spirit of competition and in the spirit of improving my team. And I completely disagree that it should be vetoed.

I don't think this trade changes the competitive balance of this league either.

It may or may not help jrg become a playoff-caliber team.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I posted in a hurry while I was at work.

Basically, my point was all these ridiculous one-sided trades always seem to have you involved, crzy.

The trade is basically Storen and a 1st for Encarnacion, Lester, and Wainwright, nobody gives a flying f**k about Peralta, Nova, or the 22nd pick. Nobody takes your side of the trade, NO ONE. And what are you doing? half of your roster is on the DL and you're now trading for more DL guys? really?

Isn't it perfectly obvious what I'm doing?

I'm collecting assets for next year.

I'm thinking long-term.

If all of you guys think that jrg wins this trade hands-down, you are seriously undervaluing the value of first round picks.
[ Edited by crzy on May 21, 2012 at 4:41 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone