[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Mar 29, 2010 at 11:45:08 ]
I'm down to redraft, go to ESPN
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by jrg:
Should I make another change to the above settings if that will stop everybody from crying?

Am I playing with men here or a bunch of little girls?

This is becoming really ridiculous.

These settings have been set this way for a LONG time now..and you guys could have seen those when you were drafting your players. It's been made crystal clear.

I will change the settings once more if necessary.

Dude.. dont call us names because you totally screwed things up. The league as it is is a joke now and it hasnt even started yet.

Then don't act like it and you won't hear it. The immaturity and whining here is ridiculous. If you came prepared and saw the stat categories before and during the draft this wouldn't have been an issue. Nothing was mentioned before OR during the draft was it? Now that your team isn't set to each category..this happens. If you're gonna continue to whine and complain, I will gladly just bench your players and lock your team and we can move on if you're not wanting to participate in this "joke" of a league.

Go ahead and lock it. I am not interested in being in a league where hbp counts as much as a homerun. Hell.. my team is probably still one of the 2 or 3 best but that isnt the point. You should have understood how stupid it was and taken care of it. However, you didnt and that is amazing to me. For someone who professes to know baseball you actually thought it made sense to have HBP or CS count as much as a WIN or Homer?

Taken care of what? What is there to take care of here John. That's what you're not understanding. ONCE AGAIN, Yahoo uses "their" base scoring system for H2H leagues. As you can see in the picture posted above, it will not let me change the scoring system in a H2H league. Does some of it make sense? No, it doesn't and agree with you on that part. BUT, the thing is..it was said and known before and during the draft. The fact that you did not draft accordingly is why you are upset. I'd love to have you in this league because regardless of the situation, I know you're a great fantasy player. That is why I had originally invited you. Like I said, I don't agree with some of the stuff Yahoo has set up, but I'm just working with the cards I'm dealt here.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Should I make another change to the above settings if that will stop everybody from crying?

These settings have been set this way for a LONG time now..and you guys could have seen those when you were drafting your players. It's been made crystal clear.

Dude.. dont call us names because you totally screwed things up. The league as it is is a joke now and it hasnt even started yet.

Then don't act like it and you won't hear it. The immaturity and whining here is ridiculous. If you came prepared and saw the stat categories before and during the draft this wouldn't have been an issue. Nothing was mentioned before OR during the draft was it? Now that your team isn't set to each category..this happens. If you're gonna continue to whine and complain, I will gladly just bench your players and lock your team and we can move on if you're not wanting to participate in this "joke" of a league.

Go ahead and lock it. I am not interested in being in a league where hbp counts as much as a homerun. Hell.. my team is probably still one of the 2 or 3 best but that isnt the point. You should have understood how stupid it was and taken care of it. However, you didnt and that is amazing to me. For someone who professes to know baseball you actually thought it made sense to have HBP or CS count as much as a WIN or Homer?

Did you look at the categories before? This league isn't going to be very good if one team is locked. We should take a vote....people who want to start over or not. If we vote not to start over I think it would be only fair to the rest of us that you compete in this league.

Yes. And that is the ONLY thing I would think would be the issue. BUT, as mentioned earlier, it won't let you change them. I even checked with a buddy of mine who is setting up his work league and he's just as pissed off as I am.

If it really comes down to it, I find it EXTREMELY ridiculous..but we can re-draft if everyones down.
I vote no re-draft. The rules were posted.
NinerJohn. Time for you to be a GM....You already have a great team. If you need to upgrade other parts of your team, do what RedRose is doing and make trades!!!!!!!!!! Dont quit, having one locked team is bush league bro.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
People in favor of a redraft
Ninerjohn
vrabbit

People not in favor
jrg

I never said I wasn't in favor. I just find it extremely ridiculous.

I'd prefer to not re-draft, but if it comes down to it, I don't care. I'm going to come prepared.

[ Edited by jrg on Mar 29, 2010 at 11:40:59 ]
Originally posted by SacRock14:
I vote no re-draft. The rules were posted.

agreed, I always make it a habit to review the scoring and rules before a draft. This isnt for $$$ so why is this a big deal?

I vote no, because I love my team.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

If it wouldnt let you way before the draft, I doubt it will, now that teams have been drafted.

But jrg is right, we all saw the categories sitting next to the players we drafted...bells should have been ringing.

I assumed that there were points weighted within each category. I should've checked more carefully that this was indeed the case but I hadn't heard that it wasn't points based.

On another note why did yahoo add auctions but do away with points systems? wow

I saw a league yesterday on Yahoo that was

AB -.5
1B 1.5
2B 2.5
3B 3.5
HR 4.5
Ect.

I was going to join, but my draft strategy was set up for this league, so I didn't.

I'm not in favor of redrafting because the reason above.^

Jesus, cmon NJ, youre being a little rediculous here. This should be interesting. Or do you just want a re-draft?

Sorry but all James had to do was make one simple post saying that he couldnt do points scoring for H2H so the league would be like last year with the 10 obvious categories that is used for ANY NON-PT FANTASY LEAGUE. Thats all it took.

• jrg
  • Veteran
If it came down to re-drafting, we have 8 days to find a time to draft.

Look at how long it took to get everybody on the same page the first time.
Originally posted by TheNaitch:

If it wouldnt let you way before the draft, I doubt it will, now that teams have been drafted.

But jrg is right, we all saw the categories sitting next to the players we drafted...bells should have been ringing.

I assumed that there were points weighted within each category. I should've checked more carefully that this was indeed the case but I hadn't heard that it wasn't points based.

On another note why did yahoo add auctions but do away with points systems? wow

I saw a league yesterday on Yahoo that was

AB -.5
1B 1.5
2B 2.5
3B 3.5
HR 4.5
Ect.

I was going to join, but my draft strategy was set up for this league, so I didn't.

I'm not in favor of redrafting because the reason above.^

How much is it really going to change? I changed mine on the fly and drafted pretty well.
I don't care. This isn't a money league so it's whatever to me.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Jesus, cmon NJ, youre being a little rediculous here. This should be interesting. Or do you just want a re-draft?

Sorry but all James had to do was make one simple post saying that he couldnt do points scoring for H2H so the league would be like last year with the 10 obvious categories that is used for ANY NON-PT FANTASY LEAGUE. Thats all it took.

From February..Page 12 of this thread

Yahoo lets you change the stat categories, but not the stat categories points.
People in favor of a redraft
Ninerjohn
vrabbit

People not in favor
sacrock
ninerlifer

On the fence
jrg
ATG
Share 49ersWebzone