There are 218 users in the forums

WZ Baseball 2014

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Here is what I think happened. James may have set up the scoring incorrectly. He wanted to have all the categories count and set points up for each but somehow did not put point totals. James.. sorry if that is wrong but only thing I can imagine.

When you go back and look at the conversations in this thread we absolutley talked about a H2H points scoring league.

Think about how stupid and insane this is set up now. WIth this.. caught stealings are a separate category and as important as wins for a pitcher or homeruns for a batter. Hit by pitchers has equal weight as strikouts for a pitcher.

Not trying to act like a little baby here but that is just f**king retarded. I have done fantasy baseball for years and there has never been a league set up so stupidly. If you do categories then there are just 10 categories to use:

Pitching
Wins
K's
ERA
Whip
Saves

Hitting
AVG
Homers
Runs
RBI
Steals

I agree with this 100%, but still dude, if you want out consider my trade offer, I'll throw in Uribe if you want

If the scoring stands the way it is I will make that deal. Got to take care of my rabbit buddy!

And I know you arent gonna quit. Its just gonna be time for you to wheel and deal now.

That being said, here ya go ninerjohn

I will just sell off my team. Not to b***h slap James here but I have never seen anything so poorly organized from the start times to the scoring set up. It seriously should not have been that difficult.

As for quitting.. seriously I am not going to continue in a league where HBP counts as much as homeruns. Sorry. Obviously its more about the principle of the thing as there isnt a penny involved.

but some of these useless categories dont happen THAT frequently, it looks like youre gonna win some, and loose some on some of these categories. dont sweat it, you still have a B team dude.
Another reason this is totally stupid........

Team A
Crawford, Ellsbury, Kinsler, and every other great base stealer

Team B every fat pig in the world that couldnt steal a bag if life depends on it

Team A steals 30 out of 31 bags for the week
Team B would never dream of attempting to steal anything

The result.. a wash because C/S count as much as SB's. Now you tell me that
makes sense. Team A loses the caught stealing category because of the 1 C/S
I don't see how anyone can disagree with john

it's like TD's in fantasy football counting the same as a RB getting 10 yards
Here is what I think happened. James may have set up the scoring incorrectly. He wanted to have all the categories count and set points up for each but somehow did not put point totals. James.. sorry if that is wrong but only thing I can imagine.

When you go back and look at the conversations in this thread we absolutley talked about a H2H points scoring league.

Think about how stupid and insane this is set up now. WIth this.. caught stealings are a separate category and as important as wins for a pitcher or homeruns for a batter. Hit by pitchers has equal weight as strikouts for a pitcher.

Not trying to act like a little baby here but that is just f**king retarded. I have done fantasy baseball for years and there has never been a league set up so stupidly. If you do categories then there are just 10 categories to use:

Pitching
Wins
K's
ERA
Whip
Saves

Hitting
AVG
Homers
Runs
RBI
Steals

You must not have been there at the beginning when I flipped out because I was told it wasn't points based. I evn declared this was my last year working with jrg I had to ditch my draft strategy and draft pretty much on the fly.

This system is stupid but we all have to deal with it. Like ER, H and BB are counted for pitchers but ERA and WHIP is counted as well.....repertitive?

But this system isn't completely horrible, a single isn't worth the same amount as a homer because it's going to take more singles to win a category than it will homers....but still I agree I'm not a fan of this scoring.

But what can you do? Glad I wasn't the only one who thought this was a points league.

[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Mar 29, 2010 at 11:01:46 ]

Team A

Team B every fat pig in the world that couldnt steal a bag if life depends on it

lol hahaha. Or winning a category because one guy got hit by a pitch.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Pitching
Wins
K's
ERA
Whip
Saves

Hitting
AVG
Homers
Runs
RBI
Steals

You must not have been there at the beginning when I flipped out because I was told it wasn't points based. I had to ditch my draft strategy and draft pretty much on the fly.

This system is stupid but we all have to deal with it. Like ER, H and BB are counted for pitchers but ERA and WHIP is counted as well.....repertitive?

But this system isn't completely horrible, a single isn't worth the same amount as a homer because it's going to take more singles to win a category than it will homers....but still I agree I'm not a fan of this scoring.

But what can you do? Glad I wasn't the only one who thought this was a points league.

I wasnt online at the very beginning as for some reason I wasnt let in until mid way through the first round. James absolutley discussed this league as a H2H points league in the thread. No, you were not alone on that. I disagree though that it isnt completely horrible. It is.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
If any of you can read correctly, you will obviously see pages ago where I stated it did not let me change the scoring system. This is the base system that Yahoo uses. If you are unhappy with the scoring in this league, that is unfortunate..but that is simply how Yahoo uses as their standard scoring.
I will just sell off my team. Not to b***h slap James here but I have never seen anything so poorly organized from the start times to the scoring set up. It seriously should not have been that difficult.

As for quitting.. seriously I am not going to continue in a league where HBP counts as much as homeruns. Sorry. Obviously its more about the principle of the thing as there isnt a penny involved.

I agree. First it was going to be H2H points. That's what we talked about and aggreed to. Then for some reason he made it roro without any discussion. Then he switched it back to H2H and when I saw all the categories I just assumed it was points based because there hadn't been discussions that it was going to be anything other than that.

I would be okay with a redraft if everyone in the league was for it. .

[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Mar 29, 2010 at 11:07:11 ]
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Team A

lol hahaha. Or winning a category because one guy got hit by a pitch.

Ya.. your team gets 60 homers for the week and my team gets 2 but my worst hitter gets hit by a pitch. We split categories. LMAO
Originally posted by jrg:
If any of you can read correctly, you will obviously see pages ago where I stated it did not let me change the scoring system. This is the base system that Yahoo uses. If you are unhappy with the scoring in this league, that is unfortunate..but that is simply how Yahoo uses as their standard scoring.

THen you should have simply set it up like last year with 10 categories and let us know that. THe system we had last year was fine. This is f**king stupid and you could have set it right.

this is Yahoo's base scoring system, always has, always will

Pitching
Wins
K's
ERA
Whip
Saves

Hitting
AVG
Homers
Runs
RBI
Steals

Yahoo can't do points? I thought you meant they couldn't change the base points system not that they couldn't do points at all.

If we can't do points we should've done regular H2H categories not this.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

this is Yahoo's base scoring system, always has, always will

Pitching
Wins
K's
ERA
Whip
Saves

Hitting
AVG
Homers
Runs
RBI
Steals

Yes and if Yahoo somehow couldnt do points we should have just gone to the categories you show above or have switched to ESPN.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Should I make another change to the above settings if that will stop everybody from crying?

Am I playing with men here or a bunch of little girls?

This is becoming really ridiculous.

These settings have been set this way for a LONG time now..and you guys could have seen those when you were drafting your players. It's been made crystal clear.

I will change the settings once more if necessary.
Share 49ersWebzone