There are 178 users in the forums

WZ Baseball 2014

ATG.. if this was a keeper league I would love your staff with Strasburg and Chapman. However it isnt and I dont think your pitching is strong especially with your trade of AJ Burnett. I would also worry about Javy Vasquez as my #2. I really think you need to get another SP.

You kind of goofed taking 2 2B in first 4 picks but you resolved that by moving Pedroia for Wright and improving your 3b situation. Your INF is awesome.

I think I would give you a B- to B rating.
ATG........I think the Weeks pick was my biggest mistake. I think he will have a very good year if he stays healthy but I'm sure I could have gotten him 2-3 rds later. Ubaldo Jiminez was BPA at that spot and I should have taken him.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
B+ eh?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
ATG.. if this was a keeper league I would love your staff with Strasburg and Chapman. However it isnt and I dont think your pitching is strong especially with your trade of AJ Burnett. I would also worry about Javy Vasquez as my #2. I really think you need to get another SP.

You kind of goofed taking 2 2B in first 4 picks but you resolved that by moving Pedroia for Wright and improving your 3b situation. Your INF is awesome.

I think I would give you a B- to B rating.

Yeah I was upset over losing all my targets for the 3rd, (Felix, Greinkie) were gone and then totally lost it. Luckily 2B isn't all that deep so I could recoup good value for my goof.

Given who was available when I picked i worked with what i got. Alot of the pitchers I planned to take earlier got taken right before me.

I'll just have to use the waiver wire.

[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Mar 29, 2010 at 00:02:08 ]
OK here's my go, and good job ATG, one thing you did forgot to mention is my speed, as I feel like that is a strength in SB and Runs.

Boise = You should be very competitve in the power department, as you have 3 1B's to help you out, I dont know if that was on purpose or not, but maybe one of those can get you an OF, as the 3 you have are very servicable. McClutchen can defenitley make or brake you as he has all the tools of a young Barry Bonds. You really only have one proven SB guy in Ellsbury.

Your Pitching is your strength. Haren, Jimenez, and Jurgens are 3 top notch SP. Youre set on the saves as well here.

Your team is gonna compete. You did a good job here, and you get a B+.

AssMen = WOW, you got a ton of pitching here. Not sure if you hoarded all pitchers for trade bait or what. Needless to say, you are gonna be fine on pitching. Youre Offense is well rounded, good speed, good power, and good hitting.

Other than sacrificing your remaining pics on pitchers, you dont have depth on O. If a couple players go down you are screwed, unless of course you trade a few of your many pitchers. Im gonna give you a solid B. It would be an A, if you make some trades, youre team if healthy will be very competitive. And we shall see you in the playoffs.

RedRoseNiner = I would have gotten up at 4 am for this one...as your autopick really guked you up here. Best pick on O is Zimmerman, and David Wright (I see you are trading). You have decent speed on your team. Power is spread out evenly though. However....

Youre pitching is downright horrible. You have no starters, Webb will start on the DL for at least the first 2 months. You have a ton of RP, so you will win saves, and be competitive in WHIP, you do need to trade some RPs for SPs though.

RR, I give you a C, I see you are on your way to redeening your team with trades already, good job...

BrewMeisters = Your team is LOADED with hitting. You're team has it all on O. The only glaring weakness on your offense is your speed. That is gonna kill you in SB's and Runs, Ian Kinsler, has a high ankle sprain, and that injury could linger all year...I would look into getting more speed. You focused all of your taent on your offense however...

Because having to rely on Nolasco, Baker, and Danks as your main SP, your gonna be in trouble here....and you dont have much for releivers as well.

You should try and trade for some top notch pitching and speed ASAP to make the playoffs in this league. C- for you.

Naitch = Your O, especially your infield is awesome. Escobar was a reach to where you selected him, but he is a very solid SS. Tex, Miguel, and Cano are easily your best players. Youre OF is OK, nothing spectacular, its just your IF and UTIL spots are so dominant it masks youre deficiency in the outfield. I love Weiters youre C.

Youre Piching is OK. You should be ok with Peavy and Johan, they are you best pitchers however. Oswalt looks hurt again....but Niemann and Duchscherer could turn out to be solid gems here. You need more help as far as releivers go.

You should be very competive, if you get injuries to youre pitching staff, that can make or break you. A Solid B for your team.

SacRock Punch&Judy = Bery creative name, I guess...lol. Youve got a crazy good offense here. Mauer, Morneau (although you drafted too high), Phillips, and you OF are your assets. McGehee is a question mark as your starting 3B, I see you have Inge though, although Inge is meh. Your speed revolves around 4 guys, after an injury or two, youre screwed here. Overall, you have a great O.

BUT, you sacrificed you pitching to get a great O. Although, you have great RPs (you will be fine on saves). You are taking huge risks on Daisuke, Hudson and Price. Hudson should rebound wonderfully as ATL should contend this year. Price has all the tools, so he WILL do better this year, but Daisuke is your Wild Card, and the jury is out on him if he makes a full recovery. Beckett is your top SP, in a contract year, so good pick with him. You have no depth. Because Harden is on the rebound as well.

IF I'm wrong and All of you pitchers dominate, then you are a contender, however with all the question marks involving your staff persist, you will be on the outside looking in. Youre team is a C+.

MyTeamSuckPart 2 = Top pick gets you Pujols, and back to back pitching studs. Lind is the real deal. Lee is an auto .300/30/100 guy. I love Billy Butler this year. your weakness is in the 2nd and SS positions. You took Weeks 5 rounds to soon (maybe 3). And Scutaro....is not inspiring, although we shall see what he does in BOS....your bench has a bunch of has beens in Konerko, Ordonez, and Matsui (the best of the three). It looks like you punted on speed. That is gonna hurt your SB and Runs category's.

I have no complaints at all on your pitching. You got the best SPs in the biz in Felix and Zack. And a fantastic bench of SPs as well. You have RP's covered. I love Kershaw and De La Rosa. Still waiting for Liriano to come back from Tommy John and produce like he did his rookie year when he was unstopable...He'll never go back to that form though...but show us something!

You shall contend most definetly for a spot in the playoffs. You would be the overall favorite if you hadnt have punted on SB's and Runs. You get a solid B.

KungFuRabbitz = Not bad for a rook. You got Kung Fu Panda and Linney exactly where they should have gone. On O, look for BJ Upton to bounce back this year, Martinez is good. and Cuddyer is very underrated. I just dont like the rest of your lineup. Cantu, Furcal, Manny, Soriano, you could have done better than these players. Brian Roberts would have been solid, if not for his back, which is gonna bother him all year, so that is gonna hurt your overall speed.

I do like your pitchers though . Lincecum and Gallardo are top notch. Hamels and Kazmir are solid (lets hope Kazmir comes out of his funk he was in last year). Buehrle and Arroyo, are too sporatic for my tastes. Tiy relivers, well you might have to hope a few on the waivers turn up, KRod, well lets see if he comes back to form, Im guessing not.

Not bad for a first timer, I give you a C-.

cryPANDAmonium = You dont fool me crzy...you did your homework and it shows. Youre O is scary. First thing that jumps out is your team speed. Borbon is a steal. Escobar is gonna be a stud. Davis and Gomez are theives. Pence is entering his prime. You have plenty of Power to go around. You will lead the league in whiffs though as K's is a stat. And you dont have the best hitters in the league.
You do have good power, I love Reynolds to pair with Prince.

Your Starters are Incredible. Doc Holladay is the man, we all know what he can do. You took Hanson a couple of rounds early, but there is no denying him. He is money. Cain is incredible. If Sanchez figures it out, you should have the best SP out there. Your RPs is your downfall, Bailey might have problems all year with the injury bug, and Gonzalez, well he is a journeyman. Those are your 2 relivers. THATS IT. Safe to say you wont be competive here unless you deal one of youre RP's.

I like youre squad a lot. First time huh? Somehow I dont beleive you. You get a B.

AmberLamps = Great job on your O. HanRam, Sizemore, Votto, Lee are solid foundations. You will have no problems with SBs and Runs led by Spanm Morgam, HanRam and Grady. Youre power is spread out nicely. Lets see how Zobrist continues. You could have done better than Casey Blake.

BUT, thats where my man crush on your team ends. Youre pitching needs help, A LOT of help. Wandy Rodriguez, and James Shields (you can say Weaver) are second tier SP's after that....just hope the others have solid starts so you can sell high. You have no relievers. Punt on pitching.

You need to make some moves, and maybe get some waiver wire pitchers to help...your O is gonna be your only scoring. I give you a C-.

JayAreGee = I like your team....especially your pitching. Your O is well rounded....your power is spread out very nice. Your OF is your weak spot, only if Choo and Adam Jones continue to improve (especially Jones). Ryan and Troy are your keepers. Speed is decent, it could be a lot better. Polanco, DeRosa, and LaRoche are questionable starters for fantasy....I see why these are your best starters, because you concentrated on pitching.

I love youre pitching. From SPs to RPs you managed to collect a very nice stable here. Maybe you were doing this to improve your O through trades?

Or you just want to dominate Pitching, and be competive in batting. Either way you go here, you will be in the playoffs. Nice job. B+

[ Edited by ninerlifer on Mar 29, 2010 at 08:04:04 ]
MyTeamSuckPart 2 = Top pick gets you Pujols, and back to back pitching studs. Lind is the real deal. Lee is an auto .300/30/100 guy. I love Billy Butler this year. your weakness is in the 2nd and SS positions. You took Weeks 5 rounds to soon (maybe 3). And Scutaro....is not inspiring, although we shall see what he does in BOS....your bench has a bunch of has beens in Konerko, Ordonez, and Matsui (the best of the three). It looks like you punted on speed. That is gonna hurt your SB and Runs category's.

I have no complaints at all on your pitching. You got the best SPs in the biz in Felix and Zack. And a fantastic bench of SPs as well. You have RP's covered. I love Kershaw and De La Rosa. Still waiting for Liriano to come back from Tommy John and produce like he did his rookie year when he was unstopable...He'll never go back to that form though...but show us something!

You shall contend most definetly for a spot in the playoffs. You would be the overall favorite if you hadnt have punted on SB's and Runs. You get a solid B.

Lifer... not sure you realize this is H2H and not roto. Speed and runs are simply not as important in this format and certainly not as important as power hitting and power pitching. I intentionally did not draft base stealers because guys like Carl Crawford and Jacoby Ellsbury do not have as much value. Check out the ESPN mock draft for H2H. You will see that Matt Kemp was taken 30th rather than around 5 where he was in roto drafts. Crawford was the 38th player grabbed instead of a 1st rd pick in roto.

Not saying that my team is the best and a B grade might be right. I just think you have overvalued speed in here. A steal counts the same as a hitter getting a walk... 1 point.

I have no complaints at all on your pitching. You got the best SPs in the biz in Felix and Zack. And a fantastic bench of SPs as well. You have RP's covered. I love Kershaw and De La Rosa. Still waiting for Liriano to come back from Tommy John and produce like he did his rookie year when he was unstopable...He'll never go back to that form though...but show us something

Lifer... not sure you realize this is H2H and not roto. Speed and runs are simply not as important in this format and certainly not as important as power hitting and power pitching. I intentionally did not draft base stealers because guys like Carl Crawford and Jacoby Ellsbury do not have as much value. Check out the ESPN mock draft for H2H. You will see that Matt Kemp was taken 30th rather than around 5 where he was in roto drafts. Crawford was the 38th player grabbed instead of a 1st rd pick in roto.

Not saying that my team is the best and a B grade might be right. I just think you have overvalued speed in here. A steal counts the same as a hitter getting a walk... 1 point.

SBs and Runs are stats as well. And they do have some type of importance in H2H leagues. Dont discount them. Although I have never been in a league with soooo many stats, it may not matter....but relax you are one of the favorites.

This isnt your normal H2H format as well. It is set up more like Roto, with all theses stat categoriers. Total Bases just doesent rely on power...its gonna rely on speed to.

[ Edited by ninerlifer on Mar 29, 2010 at 08:16:39 ]
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

I have no complaints at all on your pitching. You got the best SPs in the biz in Felix and Zack. And a fantastic bench of SPs as well. You have RP's covered. I love Kershaw and De La Rosa. Still waiting for Liriano to come back from Tommy John and produce like he did his rookie year when he was unstopable...He'll never go back to that form though...but show us something

SBs and Runs are stats as well. And they do have some type of importance in H2H leagues. Dont discount them. Although I have never been in a league with soooo many stats, it may not matter....but relax you are one of the favorites.

This isnt your normal H2H format as well. It is set up more like Roto, with all theses stat categoriers. Total Bases just doesent rely on power...its gonna rely on speed to.

I didnt say I was upset with your rating and quite honestly ratings are fun to see but dont mean anything. I am not sure if my team is great or medicore to tell you the truth. I know its not the worst but beyond that who knows. I would put my teams with B or C ratings. Hard to see any clear favorite.

Of course runs and bags are stats and count. They just dont have the importance that they do in roto. IN roto, SB's have equal weight with homeruns. In H2H SB's are 1 point I believe and there are minus points for caught stealing. Thus, players like Crawford, Ellsbury, Figgins, Bourne, etc... just just dont matter as much in my opinion. Still good players but just dont have as much impact.

Think of it this way.. if a hitter goes 1-4 with a solo homerun its 6 points. ( if no ks). A singles hitter with speed could go 3-4 with a SB and run scored and only tie with 6 points. That is why I like power in this format more than speed.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

I didnt say I was upset with your rating and quite honestly ratings are fun to see but dont mean anything. I am not sure if my team is great or medicore to tell you the truth. I know its not the worst but beyond that who knows. I would put my teams with B or C ratings. Hard to see any clear favorite.

Of course runs and bags are stats and count. They just dont have the importance that they do in roto. IN roto, SB's have equal weight with homeruns. In H2H SB's are 1 point I believe and there are minus points for caught stealing. Thus, players like Crawford, Ellsbury, Figgins, Bourne, etc... just just dont matter as much in my opinion. Still good players but just dont have as much impact.

Think of it this way.. if a hitter goes 1-4 with a solo homerun its 6 points. ( if no ks). A singles hitter with speed could go 3-4 with a SB and run scored and only tie with 6 points. That is why I like power in this format more than speed.

The player going 1-4 would get 3 points, HR, Run, and RBI. Know? We arent playing total bases. point for a single, point for a double, point for a triple, point for a HR. In youre same senario, that singles hitter with speed going 3-4 with a SB and Run....would actually get 5 points (3 for the 3 singles and a point each for SB and Run). And the fast players can turn those singles to doubles and triples, just as well as the power guy getting a double.

So that being said, SB's and Runs do matter more than you think.
Thanks to those who did recaps. Can't be too upset with C and C+, considering autodraft. I plan on improving my pitching; happy with my stacked offense.

On the trade front...

SS Jason Bartlett (.320, 14 HR, 66 RBI, 30 SB, 90 R)
OF Brad Hawpe (.285, 23 HR, 86 RBI, 42 2B)
3B Brandon Inge (24 HR, 87 RBI, 17 HBP - it's a category)

Looking to add another strong SP.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame

What? Really? Now I'm confused

I thought this wasn't a points league.

I thought it was category by category.
I'm happy with my team considering it was auto draft.
Originally posted by crzy:

What? Really? Now I'm confused

I thought this wasn't a points league.

I thought it was category by category.

That's what I thought too.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
It is category by category, this isn't a H2H points league like in fantasy football.

1 single is worth the same as 1 home run in this league.

[ Edited by crzy on Mar 29, 2010 at 09:38:21 ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Since this was my first draft, I had a really hard time gauging the importance of relief pitchers, or drafting for power vs speed.
Share 49ersWebzone