LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

NFL Playoff Challenge

If I create a league on NFL.com would anyone be intersested?

Ok, I started one.

League name -49ers Webzone

Password- thecatch
[ Edited by Fincham11 on Jan 3, 2010 at 8:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Fincham11:
If I create a league on NFL.com would anyone be intersested?

Ok, I started one.

League name -49ers Webzone

Password- thecatch

link me please
Im in, Topp Dogg here!
How the f do u join I want in
Originally posted by marshniners24:

link here

You will have to sign up if you haven't before. Then click join now, then click on the Leagues tab, then search for "49ers webzone" then enter the password and you're in!

It took me nearly 20 minutes to figure that out too. LOL

First you have to register with nfl.com.

then sign up for nfl playoff challenge here. http://challengegames.nfl.com/landing/playoffchallenge
so there's a draft?
Originally posted by teeohh:
so there's a draft?

Nah, didnt you read the rules yet? Here I put a couple links together that explains it real well.

The object of the game is to pick the players you think will perform best in their playoff matchup. Select one QB, two RBs, two WRs, one TE, one K and one D/ST. You'll earn fantasy points based on their on field performance during their game, and if your player's team wins, you will have the option to carry that player over to the next round, where he will earn a bonus points modifier to his score.

If you pick Donovan McNabb in the Wild Card round and the Eagles win, you can carry him over to the Divisional Round, and earn 2x the points he earns in his divisional round game. If the Eagles win again, you can carry McNabb into the Conference Championships for 3x his points, and if the Eagles win again, you can carry him into the Super Bowl and earn 4x his points.

Each week, you'll be able to pick your players up until kick off of the game your player is playing in. Be sure to come back after each round of the playoffs to see how you stack up against your friends and against the community at large. You'll also be able to see which players gave the best fantasy performances of each week.

The rules for this competition are simple. There are four postseason rounds: Wild Card, Divisional, Conference and Super Bowl. Before the Wild Card and Divisional rounds, each owner is required to select a team that consists of one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one kicker and one defense and special teams unit from the postseason rosters.

You can "spend" a maximum of 300 units to build your team, and you can't exceed that amount when setting your lineup.

Roster Requirements
Position # of Players
Quarterback (QB) 1
Running Back (RB) 2
Wide Receiver (WR) 2
Tight End (TE) 1
Kicker (K) 1
Defensive Team (DT)/
Special Teams 1
All Positions 8

Before the Conference round, you will be allowed to change four players from the previous week's lineup in an effort to replace players whose teams were knocked out of the postseason. Four other players will be carried over. You will only be allowed to change two players before the Super Bowl round, with six players being carried over from the previous week's lineup.

The ultimate goal in the NFL.com Playoff Challenge is to select the players who will advance the furthest into the postseason.

The NFL.com Playoff Challenge utilizes a standard scoring system that rewards six points for all touchdowns, one point for each 25 passing yards and 10 rushing and receiving yards. It also rewards bonuses for longer field goals, defensive yards allowed and defensive points allowed.

Offensive Statistic QB, WR, RB, TE, K
Touchdown (Passing, Rushing or Receiving) 6 points
Passing Yards 1 point for every 25 yards
Rushing Yards 1 point for every 10 yards
Receiving Yards 1 point for every 10 yards
2 point conversion 2 points
Interception -2 points
Fumble Lost -2 points
Field Goal 0-49 yards = 3 points
50+ yards = 5 points
Extra Point 1 point

Defensive Statistic Defensive Team/Special Teams
Touchdown 6 points
Safety 2 points
Interception 2 point
Fumble Recovery 2 points
Sack 1 points
Points Allowed 0-6 = 8 points
7-13 = 6 points
14-20 = 4 points
21-27 = 2 points
28+ = 0 points
Yards Allowed 0-49 = 12 points
50-99 = 10 points
100-149 = 8 points
150-199 = 6 points
200-249 = 4 points
250-299 = 2 points
300+ = 0 points

The most difficult task in this excitement-filled competition is of course, how to select a team that can land you a trip to Tampa and Super Bowl XLIII. Well, it's all about your prowess and skills as a fantasy football general manager, not to mention your abilities as a pro football prognosticator.

The players with the best chance to reach the Super Bowl, i.e. Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Tony Romo, Marion Barber, Terrell Owens, will of course cost the most. But in a season where New England is on pace to be undefeated, it makes sense to add at least one or two members of the Patriots. Even if it's someone like Jabar Gaffney, who isn't a starter but could be a nice value.

If you feel Romo and the Dallas Cowboys have an easier ride in a weaker NFC, however, then the decision to add a few Polks is evident.

The real key to the NFL.com Playoff Challenge is to get the most points from the players your think can be bargains based on their unit value.

A perfect example of this came in 2005 with members of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The Steelers had to play three road games on their way to Super Bowl XL, and many of their players (Ben Roethlisberger, Willie Parker, Hines Ward, etc.) didn't cost nearly as much as the players from the favored teams that season like Peyton Manning, Edgerrin James or Shaun Alexander.

Owners who took a chance on one or more Steelers that season had a great chance to put together a solid lineup and win the challenge.

While the NFL (much like fantasy football) can be unpredictable, the surprise team that could make a three-round run is the Jacksonville Jaguars.

One of the hottest teams in the league headed into the postseason, the Jaguars have the sort of team that could make some noise. What's more, most of their top players, i.e. David Garrard, Fred Taylor, Maurice Jones-Drew, won't cost as much as the favorites from Dallas and New England.

While the Patriots are the clear-cut favorites to hoist the Vince Lombardi trophy at season's end, the Indianapolis Colts could stand in their path. Players such as Peyton Manning, Joseph Addai, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark could be better bargains than members of the powerful Pats, so that's important to remember.

The final challenge is to avoid any and all players that will cost a high number of units to own and could be knocked out in the Wild Card round. A perfect example of that is LaDainian Tomlinson.

San Diego has been on fire in recent weeks, but this team has Chargers have been an enigma for much of the season. What's more, the Bolts field a head coach in Norv Turner that has never found success in the postseason.

Now that you know the rules and a little about strategies on how to win the NFL.com Playoff Challenge, there's just one thing left to do.
K thanks guys. The name I wanted "mean machine" was taken so I went with " meaner machine" I was also thinking of putting " teeohhs master"
K thanks guys. The name I wanted "mean machine" was taken so I went with " meaner machine" I was also thinking of putting " teeohhs master"

lol

Signed up!

I'm Tiger Woods, and I f**k b***hes.

Thanks guys for posting the link and the rules. I should have posted the link it just slipped my mind.

Glad u guys joined!
in there like swim wear!
Originally posted by maximill15:
in there like swim wear!

but swim wear isn't there, so you're saying you are not there?
Only 1 spot left!
Share 49ersWebzone