LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

HELP!! I have a playoff WR EMERGENCY!!

I'm the number one seed in a 12 team league with a 1st round bye, but I'm in serious danger of getting whipped in my first playoff game because of my WR meltdown. We start 3 WRs, but it looks like 2 of my 3 normal starters won't play.

Right now my WRs are:

Wayne
Ochocinco
Maclin
Nate Washington
Lee Evans
Johnny Knox

It sounds like Maclin is out for two weeks, so I will probably have to drop him and pick up someone else. Also, Wayne is probably not going to play, so I'll have to sit him (rather not drop him tho, just in case he does play). I don't have very much faith in Washington or Evans, but right now I'd have to start at least one of them. I don't know if I should do that or try to pick up someone from the wire. In this 12 team league, though, there's not a lot there.

Also, this is a 3 week playoff. So if I do manage to win week 15 I'll have the same problem again in week 16.

Here's a list of WRs available in my league and who they play in weeks 15 and 16:

Eddie Royal OAK PHI
Lance Moore DAL TB
Hixon WAS CAR
Branch TB GB
Kevin Curtis SF DEN
Earl Bennett BAL MIN
Davone Bess TEN HOU
Malcom Floyd CIN TEN
Massaquoi KC OAK
Devin Thomas NYG DAL
Josh Cribbs KC OAK
Andre Caldwell SD KC

I'm feeling like the best guys here are probably Cribbs, Thomas and Floyd. So what would you guys do? Who would you pick up, who would you drop, and who would you start?

Thanks in advance for advice. I'd hate to see such a dominating season (11-2!) go down the drain.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I'm the number one seed in a 12 team league with a 1st round bye, but I'm in serious danger of getting whipped in my first playoff game because of my WR meltdown. We start 3 WRs, but it looks like 2 of my 3 normal starters won't play.

Right now my WRs are:

Wayne
Ochocinco
Maclin
Nate Washington
Lee Evans
Johnny Knox

It sounds like Maclin is out for two weeks, so I will probably have to drop him and pick up someone else. Also, Wayne is probably not going to play, so I'll have to sit him (rather not drop him tho, just in case he does play). I don't have very much faith in Washington or Evans, but right now I'd have to start at least one of them. I don't know if I should do that or try to pick up someone from the wire. In this 12 team league, though, there's not a lot there.

Also, this is a 3 week playoff. So if I do manage to win week 15 I'll have the same problem again in week 16.

Here's a list of WRs available in my league and who they play in weeks 15 and 16:

Eddie Royal OAK PHI
Lance Moore DAL TB
Hixon WAS CAR
Branch TB GB
Kevin Curtis SF DEN
Earl Bennett BAL MIN
Davone Bess TEN HOU
Malcom Floyd CIN TEN
Massaquoi KC OAK
Devin Thomas NYG DAL
Josh Cribbs KC OAK
Andre Caldwell SD KC

I'm feeling like the best guys here are probably Cribbs, Thomas and Floyd. So what would you guys do? Who would you pick up, who would you drop, and who would you start?

Thanks in advance for advice. I'd hate to see such a dominating season (11-2!) go down the drain.

Also, Wayne is probably not going to play

what are you talking about
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Also, Wayne is probably not going to play

what are you talking about

He'll probably play the first half. He can still do better in a half compared to a full game played for over 75% of the names listed though.
I'd pick up Floyd and play Wayne. He's not hurt and will play.

I wouldn't pick up Cribbs unless you get points for his return yards and return TDs in your league, and most of those tend to go to DEF in the fantasy leagues.

An interesting pick-up could be Caldwell, who always appears in close and/or big games to get a td and 50 yards (SD will be a big game), especially with Cromartie and Weddle working double coverage on Ochocinco, leaving him 1 on 1 on Jammer (yes jammer is a good corner, but Caldwell's speed might break him out for 5-6 big play possibilities since Jammer plays so physical on the line). I'd wait to hear how Palmer's elbow is first though...
I played Wayne (thanks for the feedback on that one) and Josh Cribbs, who I picked up from the waiver. That all worked out great and now I'm in the finals. But I've still got a little bit of an issue with my 3rd WR spot. Here my options:

Lee Evans v ATL
Nate Washington v SD
Josh Cribbs v OAK
Johnny Knox v MIN

Earl Bennett v MIN (waiver)
Josh Morgan v DET (waiver)
Justin Gage v SD (waiver)

While Cribbs worked out great in week 15, I can't see him returning two more kicks for TDs. I'm thinking I might go with Evans, or maybe one of the TEN guys.

Any good suggestions? This is for all the marbles.
josh morgan
Share 49ersWebzone