LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 201 users in the forums

Week 13 WR help!!!!

Hey fellas and ladies,

I'm undecided on who to choose as my WRs and flex.

Currently I have Maclin slotted in since I have McNabb as my QB. The other WRs are Chambers, Kenny Britt, G. Jennings, and P. Garcon. I also have Slaton and C. Brown as possible flex options. Who do I use? Thanks Niners!!
Maclin, Jennings, Garcon
You really think Jennings will have a good game against Baltimore at home? I've been sorta disappointed in him. But I guess he's due for a big game.

Also, I've leaning toward Britt since he's returning kickoffs which is additional points for my team.

Thanks, any other thoughts guys?
Originally posted by GOLDRUSH671:
You really think Jennings will have a good game against Baltimore at home? I've been sorta disappointed in him. But I guess he's due for a big game.

Also, I've leaning toward Britt since he's returning kickoffs which is additional points for my team.

Thanks, any other thoughts guys?

Baltimore always gives up a big play, their corners arent as good as they used to. I like the matchup.
Good point. Thanks
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Hey fellas and ladies,

Currently I have Maclin slotted in since I have McNabb as my QB. The other WRs are Chambers, Kenny Britt, G. Jennings, and P. Garcon. I also have Slaton and C. Brown as possible flex options. Who do I use? Thanks Niners!!
Originally posted by krizay:
Hey fellas and ladies,

Slaton? Are you sure? He's not getting enough touches anymore especially goal-line carries. As for Chambers, Bailey will be on him against a tough defense.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

You guys are killing me. Ask for help because you're unsure. Get an opinion then all of a sudden are sure.

NOTE TO EVERYONE: Don't list players as options if you already know you don't want to start them.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Hey fellas and ladies,

Slaton? Are you sure? He's not getting enough touches anymore especially goal-line carries. As for Chambers, Bailey will be on him against a tough defense.

Slaton: 21 fantasy points last 2 weeks combined. (12 & 9)

Chambers: 24 points last 2 weeks. I believe Bailey stays on 1 side of the field. So won't be exclusively on Chambers.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:

You guys are killing me. Ask for help because you're unsure. Get an opinion then all of a sudden are sure.

NOTE TO EVERYONE: Don't list players as options if you already know you don't want to start them.

I think people, like me, are asking for an explanation so they can understand your perspective.

Why do you need an explanation as to why we think the players we choose will score the most points?

Asking who to start is asking who we think will score the most points.

If you want a matchup to matchup analysis then ask that. If you are unsure about a player or two because of matchup then ask that. But don't ask who should I start if you want to know more than who to start.

Not meaning to sound like a d**k if I am.

• krizay
  • Veteran

I think people, like me, are asking for an explanation so they can understand your perspective.

Why do you need an explanation as to why we think the players we choose will score the most points?

If you want a matchup to matchup analysis then ask that. If you are unsure about a player or two because of matchup then ask that. But don't ask who should I start if you want to know more than who to start.

I look for an explanation so I can understand your perspective otherwise it means dick. Why would I care what you think if you have no good reason for picking who you pick? You could be drawing names out of a hat for all I know. I don't think it's too much of an inconvenience for someone to wonder why you choose a certain player. I only say that because you seem to be complaining why people would question your opinion.

I'm only complaining because it is an inconvenience to me. It's been 12 weeks and the same people still come here and ask "who to start". Which if it was between 2 players then I could understand the constant need of help. I would also understand the want to know why we chose who we chose. To be in week 13 and still asking whole units or 2 units worth of help questions is a bit much.

You signed up to be a manager of fantasy football. So manage your team. Help questions should be relegated to one spot (maybe two if it alters the flex play)

The 3 who to starts I did on here today all of you question atleast 1 of the players I chose for you to start. You questioned it to the point that you already had your minds made up that you weren't going to start them. Which is fine but don't include them in the options. This is part of what I was explaining above. These questions should only come down to one spot between 2 or maybe 3 players tops. Then an explanation is understandable.

[ Edited by krizay on Dec 3, 2009 at 16:00:52 ]

I look for an explanation so I can understand your perspective otherwise it means dick. Why would I care what you think if you have no good reason for picking who you pick? You could be drawing names out of a hat for all I know. I don't think it's too much of an inconvenience for someone to wonder why you choose a certain player. I only say that because you seem to be complaining why people would question your opinion.

I'm only complaining because it is an inconvenience to me. It's been 12 weeks and the same people still come here and ask "who to start". Which if it was between 2 players then I could understand the constant need of help. I would also understand the want to know why we chose who we chose. To be in week 13 and still asking whole units or 2 units worth of help questions is a bit much.

You signed up to be a manager of fantasy football. So manage your team. Help questions should be relegated to one spot (maybe two if it alters the flex play)

The 3 who to starts I did on here today all of you question atleast 1 of the players I chose for you to start. You questioned it to the point that you already had your minds made up that you weren't going to start them. Which is fine but don't include them in the options. This is part of what I was explaining above. These questions should only come down to one spot between 2 or maybe 3 players tops. Then an explanation is understandable.

That's exactly what I thought and you are right about being Week 13 we shouldn't be reaching for help this deep in the season already. Bye's are gone. Thanks krizay.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Wow, I didn't know you were in charge of the guidelines about posting in this forum. By all means, stay out of threads you are going to have issues with people trying to ask you to back up your opinion. I post threads to help get other perspectives, not to burden you to manage my team for me. I'm perfectly capable of doing that on my own.

Quote:
Wow, I didn't know you were in charge of the guidelines about posting in this forum.

Never claimed to be. But in case you haven't noticed but less and less people are offering advice lately. Trying to help the ones who need help get help.

Quote:
By all means, stay out of threads you are going to have issues with people trying to ask you to back up your opinion.

I try to. I go into "who to start" threads thinking all I have to do is highlight the the players i'd start. It's gets old analyzing matchups in 10 different threads for people wanting "who to start" help. Which again is likely why there aren't as much help as earlier in the season.

Quote:
I post threads to help get other perspectives, not to burden you

Then start a thread asking what you want to know. Start a thread asking about the players you want a perspective on. You'll get much better results.

Quote:
to manage my team for me. I'm perfectly capable of doing that on my own

yes asking us to pick 33% of your team shows that.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Wow, I didn't know you were in charge of the guidelines about posting in this forum. By all means, stay out of threads you are going to have issues with people trying to ask you to back up your opinion. I post threads to help get other perspectives, not to burden you to manage my team for me. I'm perfectly capable of doing that on my own.

Quote:
Wow, I didn't know you were in charge of the guidelines about posting in this forum.

Never claimed to be. But in case you haven't noticed but less and less people are offering advice lately. Trying to help the ones who need help get help.

Quote:
By all means, stay out of threads you are going to have issues with people trying to ask you to back up your opinion.

I try to. I go into "who to start" threads thinking all I have to do is highlight the the players i'd start. It's gets old analyzing matchups in 10 different threads for people wanting "who to start" help. Which again is likely why there aren't as much help as earlier in the season.

Quote:
I post threads to help get other perspectives, not to burden you

Then start a thread asking what you want to know. Start a thread asking about the players you want a perspective on. You'll get much better results.

Quote:
to manage my team for me. I'm perfectly capable of doing that on my own

yes asking us to pick 33% of your team shows that.

I never asked you to pick my team, I asked for opinions. Jesus Christ man, get over yourself.

Get over myself? Yea whatev!

you asked us to PICK RB,WR,FLEX. Which constitutes 33% of your team. Unless it's an IDP, 2 QB or a 3 WR league.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Get over myself? Yea whatev!

you asked us to PICK RB,WR,FLEX. Which constitutes 33% of your team. Unless it's an IDP, 2 QB or a 3 WR league.

I think it's important to note, when someone asks to pick players, they are not asking for you to literally make their starting lineup, they are looking for different perspectives. There are a lot of knowledgeable people worth listening to. I rarely ever change my lineup based on someone's recommendation, but creating a discussion over others' opinions I think is the point to the threads "pick x,y players". Don't take it so seriously that people are asking to manage their teams. I just don't get where your complaining comes in when people are trying to discuss this stuff.

And when you have to have a post note about not trying to sound like a dick, it's usually because you came off sounding like a dick. That's where my get over yourself came from. You are not the fantasy authority picking my team, just some guy complaining about giving his opinion when I asked.

I may not be the fantasy authority. Nor am I trying to. As I said trying to help the guys who need help. It's been nearly 8 hours and i'm the only one to respond to your question. THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT. I tried to show you the reason.

Good luck!
Share 49ersWebzone