There are 178 users in the forums

Which waiver wire TE would be better than Shockey?

Which waiver wire TE would be better than Shockey?

Shockey has been doing nothing for me lately. Brees throws 5 TDs to 5 receivers and none of them are to Shockey. That's troubling.

The trade deadline has passed and so I'll need to upgrade through the waiver wire and there's not much there. These guys seem like best of the bunch. Any of them worth picking up? I'm in first place but I've won a lot of close games. A few more points from the TE position could be the difference between playoff loss and championship for me.

Thanks for voting.
lewis or rosario
I'd go with Vince Young's main man Scaiffe (or however you spell it). They've been together since UT
I would stick with Shockey over that group. Also, I believe Pettigrew is done for the year as info.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I would stick with Shockey over that group. Also, I believe Pettigrew is done for the year as info.

I'd keep Shockey, too. If you had to choose off that list, maybe Fred Davis or Bo Scaife as a backup to Shockey?
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I'd keep Shockey, too. If you had to choose off that list, maybe Fred Davis or Bo Scaife as a backup to Shockey?

I kept Shockey but dropped Bernard Scott and picked up Bo Scaife. I think I'll try starting Scaife this week. I've already got a first round bye locked up, so I can afford to gamble a little. But if I beat my opponent this week I'll keep him from getting into the playoffs. And he's got Peyton Manning, Peterson, and Ricky Williams, so I'd love to eliminate him now.

Thanks everyone for chipping your very diverse opinions.
Share 49ersWebzone