LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

VETO TRADE??

I am the commish in 1st place, and the guy in second is pulling this trade with a guy in last place....

He gets
Bengals Def
Lawrence Moroney

He Gives
Witten
Burleson

I think this is a terrible trade, Witten is not even a top 10 TE this year and burleson is very inconsistent. Bengals Def is top 10 and Maroney is playing well this year...

Thoughts?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
First off, you should have a trade deadline well before playoffs.

Keeper league?
the value is fair enough. Its not veto-able.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
That sort of trade, I wouldn't even care about because it's not going to affect the balance of the league at all.

Yeah Maroney is scoring TD's, but I still think he's a mediocre RB, and the Patriots are a pass-first team.

It's not really vetoable.
That deal should not be vetoed. It isnt that far fetched in my opinion. As someone else pointed out there should already be a deadline in place for trades. Typically, a deadline is Thanksgiving week.
Originally posted by crzy:
That sort of trade, I wouldn't even care about because it's not going to affect the balance of the league at all.

Yeah Maroney is scoring TD's, but I still think he's a mediocre RB, and the Patriots are a pass-first team.

NO
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Well it looks most of you think it shouldn't be vetoed but look at it this way the guy trading maroney only has Addai and Ricky Williams as his other RB's and doesn't need a TE because he has Olsen who is having a better year than Witten.
His WR are Wayne and Megatron, Steve Smith NYG
Burleson, would be on the bench.....
And he doesnt have another DEF on his roster...
He is not making his team better.....

The guy Getting Bengals def and Maroney has......

QB Rodgers
RB Turner, Rice, McCoy, Wells
WR OchoCinco, Steve Smith CAR, R. Moss
TE Winslow
DEF GB
[ Edited by Hollywood49er on Dec 1, 2009 at 12:01 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Well it looks most of you think it shouldn't be vetoed but look at it this way the guy trading maroney only has Addai and Ricky Williams as his other RB's and doesn't need a TE because he has Olsen who is having a better year than Witten.

QB Rodgers
TE Winslow
DEF GB

Sour grapes my man. Don't be mad cause dude gets to start Maroney versus Buff week #15. Maroney versus Jax week 16 (while Rice has Pitts) and Cincy versus KC wee 16.

Should have done your homework and looked at playoff schedules and made a trade yourself. Assuming you need to make one.

You're the commish and the deadline is the deadline (or lack thereof) let it ride. a RB3 and a DEF for a TE1 and a WR4. Faaaaaaaaar from vetoable. Smart owner in my opinion.
[ Edited by krizay on Dec 1, 2009 at 6:52 PM ]

Originally posted by krizay:

QB Rodgers
TE Winslow
DEF GB

Sour grapes my man. Don't be mad cause dude gets to start Maroney versus Buff week #15. Maroney versus Jax week 16 (while Rice has Pitts) and Cincy versus KC wee 16.

Should have done your homework and looked at playoff schedules and made a trade yourself. Assuming you need to make one.

You're the commish and the deadline is the deadline (or lack thereof) let it ride. a RB3 and a DEF for a TE1 and a WR4. Faaaaaaaaar from vetoable. Smart owner in my opinion.

You are taking it way to personal. You dont have to like the trade its not your team. Furthermore trades should only be vetoed if obvious collusion is taking place. And in this case it is not.
  • gage
  • Veteran
You've got to have a trade deadline in place so you don't have to worry about things like this.

I'm not sure why anybody in last place would be trading at this point, unless it's a keeper league. Making his team better doesn't do anything since he is already out of the playoffs.

Gotta let it go, but next year: make a deadline.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gage:
You've got to have a trade deadline in place so you don't have to worry about things like this.

I'm not sure why anybody in last place would be trading at this point, unless it's a keeper league. Making his team better doesn't do anything since he is already out of the playoffs.

Gotta let it go, but next year: make a deadline.

They could also pay out weekly to the highest scorer to which he still has 5 weeks to win some money. They could pay out the single highest score over the course of the year. Which again he has 5 more chances to win.
  • TheHitman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by crzy:

Agreed.
  • TheHitman
  • Info N/A

QB Rodgers
TE Winslow
DEF GB

Starts and matchuyps are no business of anyone but the team owner. You should just be making sure they're not working together to give one an advantage and that the trade is balanced. A few weeks ago, Maroney was worthless, and no defense is really worth much. You're vetoing it because it helps the good team, but why else would he do the trade? To make himself worse? As long as the players are evenly matched, you should always approve. You have no clue if a guy is loading up at a position he doesn't need to swing another trade. I like to stockpile ammo for trades and will trade for a guy with value just so I can swing another trade.
Share 49ersWebzone