LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Bills pick Brian Brohm off Packers practice squad

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/11/19/brohm.ap/index.html

Interesting. I know he was a well regarded NFL prospect at one time. Didn't sound like he was doing well in Green Bay, but maybe a fresh start will be good for him. Seems like the starting job in Buffalo is there for the taking.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Good pickup for the Bills but Brohm is the epitome of the term "bust".
It's crazy how at one time he was looked at as the leader to be a #1 overall pick.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
It's crazy how at one time he was looked at as the leader to be a #1 overall pick.

and was competing to be the starting QB in GB. I remember some reports last year saying he looked better than A. Rodgers.
Bills got a steal.
Originally posted by GEEK:

Really? A late 2nd round draft pick is the epitome of the term "bust"?

Then what does that make David Baas and Alex Smith?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

I don't think you throw the bust label on any QB drafted past the first round, as all the
highly regarded ones get snatched up quick. Anything late 2nd or later as a QB would be considered a project.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:

I don't think you throw the bust label on any QB drafted past the first round, as all the
highly regarded ones get snatched up quick. Anything late 2nd or later as a QB would be considered a project.

You are telling me a 2nd round QB is not considered a bust when they are placed on the PRACTICE SQUAD?

I think it's safe to say that Brohm is a bust when he can't even beat out a guy like Matt Flynn on the active roster.

At least Smith and Baas has started games for us. At least they were serviceable players.
Originally posted by BobS:

You are telling me a 2nd round QB is not considered a bust when they are placed on the PRACTICE SQUAD?

I think it's safe to say that Brohm is a bust when he can't even beat out a guy like Matt Flynn on the active roster.

At least Smith and Baas has started games for us. At least they were serviceable players.

seriously, any second round player put on the practice squad is pretty much a bust
you guys remember buster davis, the linebacker the cards took in the 3rd round?

he got cut! haha buster, bust, get it?

is he out of the league?

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:

is he out of the league?

Free agent. He's been bouncing around practice squads and training camps - Cards, Lions, Colts, and Texans.

I think the dude has attitude problems for being a LB midget.

Well, if he is a bust in your obviously well-educated football opinion, then why exactly is it a good pickup for the Bills.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:

is he out of the league?

Free agent. He's been bouncing around practice squads and training camps - Cards, Lions, Colts, and Texans.

I think the dude has attitude problems for being a LB midget.

Small Man Syndrome
I hope Brian Brohm does well for the Bills, but I doubt that he will. I've watched a lot of Packers games during the past two season (my wife's from Green Bay) and Matt Flynn clearly outplayed him (Flynn was a 7th round draft pick; Brohm was a 2nd rounder). Brohm just doesn't have it and I genuinely doubt that he’s ever going to find it. I'd be real surprised if he's on anyone's roster after next season.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

Well, if he is a bust in your obviously well-educated football opinion, then why exactly is it a good pickup for the Bills.

A change of scenery could do him well.

I think it's a good pick up because Fitzpatrick and Edwards clearly aren't getting it done. And instead of taking another vet who couldn't find their niche on any of the teams they've played for (Craig Nall, Quinn Gray, etc), you take a flier on a young guy and see what he can do for you.
Share 49ersWebzone