There are 156 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greene or Wells

• AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Which Rook should I grab off the WW? I'm finally dropping Larry Johnson.

Initially, I liked Wells because it looks like he's going to be getting more carries from here on out. On second thought, it looks like Hightower is going to get the goal line carries. On the other end, Shonn Greene looks like a solid player who will be a big part of a running oriented team although he'll play second fiddle to Thomas Jones.
I had the same dilema G or W , I dropped LJ for greene for the reasons you put there, jets run orientated, wellls fumbles and az passes alot plus i only needed him for depth.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
I'm kind of in the same boat.

Should I drop Roy Williams for Greene or Wells?
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Which Rook should I grab off the WW? I'm finally dropping Larry Johnson.

Initially, I liked Wells because it looks like he's going to be getting more carries from here on out. On second thought, it looks like Hightower is going to get the goal line carries. On the other end, Shonn Greene looks like a solid player who will be a big part of a running oriented team although he'll play second fiddle to Thomas Jones.

Shonn greene will get more touches and therefore opportunities to go big and get TDs than Beanie Wells. I think SG is a good pickup -- better than wells. But then again, he only played one game.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Ive had Wells since draft day waiting for this. he will get the majority of carries and def the goal line. Good thing since I have nothing after Ced Benson. I put in a claim for Greene, I still see Jones getting the bulk of work.
i'd go with greene..

i'm not sold on wells just yet..
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Well, someone snagged Greene ahead of me so I got Wells. I would have been happy with either over Larry Johnson.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Dino:
I'm kind of in the same boat.

Should I drop Roy Williams for Greene or Wells?

I gave up on Roy Williams a couple weeks ago in favor of Sims-Walker. I still think he'll have a good game or two by the time the season is done, but it looks like he's losing favor in that offense.
  • TheHitman
  • Info N/A
I had to make this same decision (although I dumped LJ a few weeks back) and went with Greene. Wells puts the ball on the ground too much. Greene is going to have a tougher time cracking the starting lineup, but he has more potential in my opinion. Plus, if the Jets have any intention of starting Greene next year and letting go of an overpriced vet like Thomas Jones, they'll need to see what they have in Greene and get him on the field.
i would drop roy Williams for bobby Wade dump him. I say go with Wells Plus Keon got more touches b/c he returned punts but i would wait and see on Greene but he had a good game