LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Laurence Maroney

Worth picking up? I did

Here's something from yahoo

Maroney, a year removed from an early-round selection in drafts, has left a bitter taste in the mouths of many fanatics, but his future gains could be very sweet. Filling in brilliantly for injured starter Sammy Morris(notes) in Week 6, the former Minnesota standout plowed through the snow for his first 100-yard performance since 2007 (16 carries, 123 yards, TD). The third-year back's stirring effort in the Patriots' reenactment of the Boston Massacre – Titans played the role of the colonials – could resuscitate his career at age 24. Without question the Patriots are still a pass-first team, but Tom Brady's(notes) ability to stretch defenses is a major advantage for whoever totes the majority of the carries. Traveling across the pond to tango with Tampa Bay in London, Sir Laurence could again be knighted. The Bucs have surrendered 4.8 yards per carry, 171.5 total yards per game and seven scores to rushers, equal to the fifth-most fantasy points allowed. Though he'll cede a few touches to Benjarvus Green-Ellis(notes) and Kevin Faulk(notes), Maroney conceivably could rack 80-100 total yards with a score this week. Believe.

I think I'm going to start him in my flex position since Tampa Bay's defense appears to be one of the worst.
I'm torn between him and Jonathan Stewart. But Morris may be out. So maroney looks good.
against a sorry ass Tamba D I'd start Maroney
he's not going to do anything
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I'm torn between him and Jonathan Stewart. But Morris may be out. So maroney looks good.

I dropped Stewart to pick up Maroney for the week.
Share 49ersWebzone