LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Trade Advice/Input...Please Help!!!

So, I'm wanting to shake my team up a little, I'll be 3-3 after tonight. My trade offer to this dude in my league is as follows:

I recieve - Ronnie Brown and Steve Smith (Giants)

He recieves - Steven Jackson,Darren Sproles, and Steve Smith (Panthers)

My question is does this trade seem fair on both sides.?

If your were the dude I was offering the trade to would u accept it?

His backs other than R. Brown are AP, Jamaal Charles, and Tashard Choice. So I'm figuring hey, he needs some depth.

My backs other than Jackson and Sporles are Gore, Coffee, and Ricky Williams. Altought the Giants' Smith is producing more than the Panthers' Smith, but he already has Braylon Edwards, Torry Holt, Bernard Berrian, and Antonio Bryant.

Any input is appreciated!!!
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fincham11:
So, I'm wanting to shake my team up a little, I'll be 3-3 after tonight. My trade offer to this dude in my league is as follows:

His backs other than R. Brown are AP, Jamaal Charles, and Tashard Choice. So I'm figuring hey, he needs some depth.

My backs other than Jackson and Sporles are Gore, Coffee, and Ricky Williams. Altought the Giants' Smith is producing more than the Panthers' Smith, but he already has Braylon Edwards, Torry Holt, Bernard Berrian, and Antonio Bryant.

I would do it personally. I don't see SJax getting on track with that supporting cast and that's really what this deal centers on. S Smith hasn't been a reliable FF WR for a few years now with Delhomme at QB, plus that team would rather run 40 times a gome. the problem with NYG S Smith is that you never know who is going to score on that team, but it's a wash.
However once you complete the deal I would look to sell Ricky Williams while he's high, somone has to be desperate for a RB and currently Williams ranks in the top 10. Of course I wouldn't give him away as your depth leaves a lot to be desired, but you may be able to get some good value.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fincham11:

He's giving up the better fantasy RB and better fantasy WR. As far as this year goes anyway. If he is a "noobish" name trader he'll jump all over this. If he is a smart fantasy football owner no way he does this trade.
Share 49ersWebzone