LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

NBA Fantasy League - Webzone Diehards

• Dino
  • Veteran
can't wait
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I have one small tiny little suggestion, well not really a suggestion...just somethin' to debate about. I personally prefer roster positions to be, G, F, C, Util because Yahoo sometimes screws up the positions.

I have one problem with this though. Even though a 20 member league is completely different than playin' in a 12 league team, but switchin' it to G,F,C will make it just like crzy's league. Anyway...what do you think?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I have one small tiny little suggestion, well not really a suggestion...just somethin' to debate about. I personally prefer roster positions to be, G, F, C, Util because Yahoo sometimes screws up the positions.

I have one problem with this though. Even though a 20 member league is completely different than playin' in a 12 league team, but switchin' it to G,F,C will make it just like crzy's league. Anyway...what do you think?

I prefer it that way as well, but including positional eligibility's in fantasy basketball does add another layer of difficulty.

Personally, I think that SG's and SF's are often interchangeable in the NBA, as are PF's and C's.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:

I prefer it that way as well, but including positional eligibility's in fantasy basketball does add another layer of difficulty.

Personally, I think that SG's and SF's are often interchangeable in the NBA, as are PF's and C's.

That's would be true if Yahoo could get their positions correct. I mean, Wade has PG eligibility and Granger has PF eligibility??? WTF?!? That's absurd.

That's would be true if Yahoo could get their positions correct. I mean, Wade has PG eligibility and Granger has PF eligibility??? WTF?!? That's absurd.

Yahoo's generous positional rankings are part of the reason that I like the PG, SG, etc. format as opposed to G, F, C. Someone like Al Harrington is listed as a F,C...which means that he can cover 2 out of the available 3 positions. In this instance, it's 2 out of 5.
Can I draft TJ Kidd's head to protect the paint and block shots?

Oh s**t, TJ can already grow an Adam Morrison-like molestache!

f**kin Sixth.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Yahoo's generous positional rankings are part of the reason that I like the PG, SG, etc. format as opposed to G, F, C. Someone like Al Harrington is listed as a F,C...which means that he can cover 2 out of the available 3 positions. In this instance, it's 2 out of 5.

Hmm...I see what you are sayin' but then a player like D. Wade can play PG, SG, and G. 3 out 6 positions, whereas he will be only playing G in other format. Either way, I don't care all that much, but I wish Yahoo fixed their positional groups. Granger is not a PF, Brandon Roy is not a PG...who the hell inputs these groups?

Hmm...I see what you are sayin' but then a player like D. Wade can play PG, SG, and G. 3 out 6 positions, whereas he will be only playing G in other format. Either way, I don't care all that much, but I wish Yahoo fixed their positional groups. Granger is not a PF, Brandon Roy is not a PG...who the hell inputs these groups?

It's actually 3 out of 7 spots (SF, PF, F, C), and it's just intended to minimize that effect, not eliminate it. I'd rather have players eligible for 3 out of 7 than 2 out of 3. Wade's case is different, and there would be a few others, but I just think it's a different angle than the other league that's interesting. If a couple of other people feel like it should be changed, I'll change it.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Oct 21, 2009 at 6:49 AM ]

Originally posted by AmpLee:

It's actually 3 out of 7 spots (SF, PF, F, C), and it's just intended to minimize that effect, not eliminate it. I'd rather have players eligible for 3 out of 7 than 2 out of 3. Wade's case is different, and there would be a few others, but I just think it's a different angle than the other league that's interesting. If a couple of other people feel like it should be changed, I'll change it.

I say keep it; it's a dimension that fits this league.
Quick reminder...the draft is tonight. I'll PM everyone in a bit.

Has the order been determined?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'm excited. I love drafting deep sleepers that aren't worth drafting in a 12 team league.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Has the order been determined?

It's determined 30 minutes before the draft.

I'm excited too...don't steal my sleepers crzy. Oh, and BTW...I'm drafting Channing Frye in the 5th round.
Share 49ersWebzone