LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Veto this trade?

Veto this trade?

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SLICK:
How do you know Johnson doesn't outperform Warner going forward?

You can't be serious....
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:

You can't be serious....

Why? It's not really that far fetched. I gave examples before of guys without the big names outperforming bigger named players.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

You can't be serious....

Why? It's not really that far fetched. I gave examples before of guys without the big names outperforming bigger named players.

Johnson is a scrub. Kurt Warner is a two time MVP and a Hall of Famer.

And fantasy quarterbacks are fairly easy to predict. Scrubs don't come out of nowhere in the middle of the season to dominate at the QB position. Derek Anderson came out of nowhere in 07-08, but that was not in the middle of the season.

There is less predictably at the RB and WR spot, but not at the QB spot.
[ Edited by crzy on Oct 17, 2009 at 1:14 PM ]
Either way it still sounds like a pretty amateur league
[ Edited by BobbyDrake on Oct 17, 2009 at 1:17 PM ]
  • SLICK
  • Veteran

You can't be serious....

And fantasy quarterbacks are fairly easy to predict. Scrubs don't come out of nowhere in the middle of the season to dominate at the QB position. Derek Anderson came out of nowhere in 07-08, but that was not in the middle of the season.

Kurt Warner's career achievements have nothing to do with this season. Cassell started out slow last year, and really picked it up as the season went on. What about Shaun Hill? TB is going to be trailing just about every week, plus he runs a little.

Warner is the bigger name, and probably will outplay him, but it's not 100%, and no one can guarentee that Warner will outplay him.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

You can't be serious....

Kurt Warner's career achievements have nothing to do with this season. Cassell started out slow last year, and really picked it up as the season went on. What about Shaun Hill? TB is going to be trailing just about every week, plus he runs a little.

Warner is the bigger name, and probably will outplay him, but it's not 100%, and no one can guarentee that Warner will outplay him.

Shaun Hill is a mediocre fantasy quarterback who should only be starting in 20 team leagues or as bye-week filler when you have no other option. Matt Cassell threw to Randy Moss and Wes Welker.

And yes, I can guarantee without a shadow of a doubt that Warner will outplay Johnson if he is healthy. Josh Johnson is a nobody. If he's starting for your fantasy team, then your fantasy team is headed nowhere.
[ Edited by crzy on Oct 17, 2009 at 1:45 PM ]
  • SLICK
  • Veteran

You can't be serious....

Shaun Hill is a mediocre fantasy quarterback who should only be starting in 20 team leagues or as bye-week filler when you have no other option. Matt Cassell threw to Randy Moss and Wes Welker.

And yes, I can guarantee without a shadow of a doubt that Warner will outplay Johnson if he is healthy. Josh Johnson is a nobody. If he's starting for your fantasy team, then your fantasy team is headed nowhere.

Same could have been said about Kyle Orton 3 weeks ago, who in my 2 $ leagues is averging .1 more points than Warner so far.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

You can't be serious....

Same could have been said about Kyle Orton 3 weeks ago, who in my 2 $ leagues is averging .1 more points than Warner so far.

Orton has a Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal to throw to....
Didn't Warner come out of nowhere in the middle of the season in his first year?

EDIT: My bad. He came out of nowhere but Green got hurt in the preseason, so Warner started the year.
[ Edited by SacRock14 on Oct 17, 2009 at 5:27 PM ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobbyDrake:
Either way it still sounds like a pretty amateur league

We are in our 5th year. Remember sometimes people veto to keep a division rival from becoming stronger, maybe you're the noob?

• SLICK
  • Veteran

You can't be serious....

Orton has a Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal to throw to....

I agree. But K2 and AB are both solid options.
hmmmm
  • TheHitman
  • Info N/A
You should never VETO a trade unless you think the owners are working together to give one an advantage or unless you think an owner is throwing in the towel and giving away his guys. If it's just a question of a n00b being taken advantage of, let it go through.
Share 49ersWebzone