LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Veto this trade?

Veto this trade?

Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by krizay:
why would u not, both are super star TEs but one team is getting an a lot better QB

makes no sense

Well the one gets the best TE this year in football. Clark >>>>>> Gates.
I only assume the original owner doesn't need Warner.

Which is a good trade for him and if the other owner can use Warner good for both teams.

Not even close to veto material.

Ahem. I beg to differ. Gates is averaging 11.43 fantasy points per week in standard format. And your best TE hands down... 11.36.

Don't be fooled, Gates is back to elite form, and by the numbers, is the top TE in fantasy football so far. Basically, it's a wash between Gates and Clark except Gates has already had his bye week and has slightly better numbers on a weekly average. So in essence it's a trade of Warner for Josh Johnson. Not really a good trade, but I wouldn't veto it if there's no reason to suspect collusion.

ya I thought clark was having a better year but i looked at that stats

gates has only 92 fewer yards they both have 2 tds and gates has played in 1 less game

so this trade is josh johnson for kurt warner

come on guys.... look at the stats here, this trade is retarded

Gates is second in receiving yards for TEs behind dallas clark and they have the same amount of TDs

how the f**k does it go clark (elite) to gates (decent)

they are number 1 and 2

sometimes FF forum is like niner talk........
  • krizay
  • Veteran
why would u not, both are super star TEs but one team is getting an a lot better QB

makes no sense

Which is a good trade for him and if the other owner can use Warner good for both teams.

Ahem. I beg to differ. Gates is averaging 11.43 fantasy points per week in standard format. And your best TE hands down... 11.36.

Don't be fooled, Gates is back to elite form, and by the numbers, is the top TE in fantasy football so far. Basically, it's a wash between Gates and Clark except Gates has already had his bye week and has slightly better numbers on a weekly average. So in essence it's a trade of Warner for Josh Johnson. Not really a good trade, but I wouldn't veto it if there's no reason to suspect collusion.

gates has only 92 fewer yards they both have 2 tds and gates has played in 1 less game

I too didn't realize Gates' number until 3 or so of my responses in.

Even still it's not collusion thus shouldn't be vetoed. If this trade was just a Warner for Josh Johnson Or Fasano and Johnson for Gates and Warner then yea veto. But if the guy values Clark more than Gates to the extent of downgrading his backup QB, then so be it.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Trade went through with 5/6 vetos.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
Trade went through with 5/6 vetos.

• SLICK
  • Veteran

makes no sense

How do you know Johnson doesn't outperform Warner going forward?
Originally posted by SLICK:

makes no sense

k ill admit i thought i was getting the WAY better end of the trade, but maybe he's thinking that johnson is gunna be good the second half of the year? well iono but thanks for not vetoing i never veto a trade unless its like crazy ridiculous like Larry Fitzgerald for Arnaz Battle

makes no sense

I truly don't and it could pan out to be an even trade

warner is obviously the more proven QB and has insane WR talent around him tho
  • SLICK
  • Veteran

makes no sense

I truly don't and it could pan out to be an even trade

warner is obviously the more proven QB and has insane WR talent around him tho

I know. And I agree 100%. Problem with Fantasy Football is that after 5 weeks:

Steve Smith NYG has more pts. than Moss, AJ, Calvin, and well Steve Smith.

Ced Benson has more points than Forte, Gore, Jacobs, Turner.

I hate when guys veto trades because it's essentially allowing 11 other guys telling me whats right for MY team. That's all. Plus in Football, like krizay said, it's not about names. It's about this year. Football changes so much from year to year(Tenn, Denver for example) it's tough to go off the previous year's numbers.
If I were either player in that league and that trade got vetoed, I'd quit immediately and demand my loot back. That was FAAAR from veto material.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobbyDrake:
If I were either player in that league and that trade got vetoed, I'd quit immediately and demand my loot back. That was FAAAR from veto material.

We would have kicked you a month ago for paying to join when there was no payment fee.

• Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by BobbyDrake:

We would have kicked you a month ago for paying to join when there was no payment fee.

makes no sense

Great question. I like how you think.

I'm not a fan of the veto.

I almost had Hightower for Houshmandzadeh vetoed in a league. I probably woulda walked.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
I support veto's because they limit cheating. I was in one league were a guy had 2 teams and once he figured out which team was better he would set up trades to get team 2's best players.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Esco:
I support veto's because they limit cheating. I was in one league were a guy had 2 teams and once he figured out which team was better he would set up trades to get team 2's best players.

But cheating should be the only time a trade gets vetoed. You can't veto a trade because an owner values you a player differently than you.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Esco:

But cheating should be the only time a trade gets vetoed. You can't veto a trade because an owner values you a player differently than you.

But you can't always tell. We didn't find out about the owner until after the season. That's why the veto system is set up like it is, I might feel differently but others might now. I feel the system works well the way it is.
Share 49ersWebzone