LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

***Fantasy Football Thread***

Maybe there already is a solution to this, but it's always been an issue for me that my defense would get docked points if the offense of that team threw a pick six or had a fumble returned for TD. Is there a way to avoid this? I don't think the defense in fantasy football should be penalized for something the offense did.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
I decided to keep bell, but I feel like duke johnson has more upside

False

But Abdullah will begin getting more touches than bell as the season goes on, and duke might eventually become the starter in cle
Originally posted by GameOver:
PPR league. Start 2 RB, 2 WR, and a flex.

Team A Gets Adrian Peterson, Brandon Marshall, and Breshad Perriman
Team B Gets Carlos Hyde, Brandon Cooks, and Davante Adams

Thoughts?

I think it favors team B. AP is 30 years old now and didn't play last year. I don't get why everyone is so high on him. He was on my pass list.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 27, 2015 at 5:40 PM ]
would you trade Brown and Maclin for Calvin and Watkins?

Brown is the safest receiver play there is. Calvin's great but not immune to the injury bug. I'd bet on Brown.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
would you trade Brown and Maclin for Calvin and Watkins?

Brown is the safest receiver play there is. Calvin's great but not immune to the injury bug. I'd bet on Brown.

But don't you think calvin has bigger upside? I feel like people are sleeping on him. The chances of Brown finishing #1 again are very slim
But don't you think calvin has bigger upside? I feel like people are sleeping on him. The chances of Brown finishing #1 again are very slim

Brown put up 1,500 and 8 the year before. I think he's as close to a guarantee to put up 1,600 and 10 that you could find. I guess you can argue Calvin has more potential than that if he puts up one of his best seasons. It's Calvin Johnson so I'm not going to fault you for trading for him especially if you're just exchanging receivers but personally I had Brown graded a bit higher.

In regards to Maclin, Watkins I prefer Watkins. Nothing against Alex but in terms of fantasy he's a receivers worse nightmare. Still to me this is about Calvin and Brown.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 28, 2015 at 12:23 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Brown put up 1,500 and 8 the year before. I think he's as close to a guarantee to put up 1,600 and 10 that you could find. I guess you can argue Calvin has more potential than that if he puts up one of his best seasons. It's Calvin Johnson so I'm not going to fault you for trading for him especially if you're just exchanging receivers but personally I had Brown graded a bit higher.

In regards to Maclin, Watkins I prefer Watkins. Nothing against Alex but in terms of fantasy he's a receivers worse nightmare. Still to me this is about Calvin and Brown.

I can see your point, it's close. I like all 4 of those wrs this year. It can go either way

I made the trade because I believe Calvin and watkins combined will score a little more points
[ Edited by 4everFaithful on Aug 28, 2015 at 6:43 PM ]
Hey guys I'm not a regular poster here but was just wondering if any of you would be interested in joining a 49ers Yahoo Fantasy league. If so drop me an email at [email protected] and I'll send you an invite. Thanks guys!! #GONINERS
Being offered McCoy for Desean Jackson and Doug Martin. What do you guys think?

I'd have McCoy, Lacy, AJ Green, Mike Evans, and Brandon Marshall starting.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Aug 30, 2015 at 1:40 PM ]
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Oh that's close but I think I'd do it if I were u

OH MY GAWD YES. D. Jackson will be catching passes from Cousins for awhile, and Doug Martin isn't a guarantee this year. Shady's value dropped, but he's more valuable than both those players. Basically, you're looking at a guaranteed start for 1 player based on matchup and QB health, and 1 player you might not play all season. I've got Martin in one or two of my leagues sitting on the bench on the off chance he has a decent year and I need a flex, I'd take shady over him any day of the week.
[ Edited by jedediahyork on Aug 30, 2015 at 3:27 PM ]
Originally posted by jedediahyork:

OH MY GAWD YES. D. Jackson will be catching passes from Cousins for awhile, and Doug Martin isn't a guarantee this year. Shady's value dropped, but he's more valuable than both those players. Basically, you're looking at a guaranteed start for 1 player based on matchup and QB health, and 1 player you might not play all season. I've got Martin in one or two of my leagues sitting on the bench on the off chance he has a decent year and I need a flex, I'd take shady over him any day of the week.

I took it. Jackson was the bigger loss than Martin for me. He's a good fantasy player regardless of who's throwing to him.
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Thoughts on my team?

Half-point PPR:

QBs: Matt Ryan/Tom Brady
RBs: Jamal Charles/Carlos Hyde/Arian Foster/CJ Spiller/Jonas Gray/Knile Davis (handcuff)
WRs: Odell Beckham Jr./AJ Green/Jeremy Maclin/Martavis Bryant/Kendall Wright
TEs: Delanie Walker/Larry Donnell
K: Matt Bryant
DEF: Buffalo/Denver

Projected to finish in 1st place....of course.
[ Edited by JD81 on Aug 30, 2015 at 4:28 PM ]
Originally posted by JD81:
Thoughts on my team?

Half-point PPR:

RBs: Jamal Charles/Carlos Hyde/Arian Foster/CJ Spiller/Jonas Gray/Knile Davis (handcuff)

Is it a 2 QB league? If not, I'd trade either of your QBs for another solid RB. You might be missing out on some RB points, but otherwise, good draft.
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jedediahyork:
Originally posted by JD81:
Thoughts on my team?

Half-point PPR:

Is it a 2 QB league? If not, I'd trade either of your QBs for another solid RB. You might be missing out on some RB points, but otherwise, good draft.

Nah, 1 QB starting. I grabbed Brady for that possible trade bait scenario.
Share 49ersWebzone