LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 156 users in the forums

***Fantasy Football Thread***

Originally posted by eamjr10:
I think I would accept that trade, I really like Ball this season. RBs that play behind Manning normally do extremely well and with Moreno gone Ball will have a great oppurtunity to succeed and be a solid RB play each week, and I like him more than I do Morris. Yeah, you are giving up a little exchanging Allen for Smith but Smith is still a decent low-end WR2 option so I don't think you would hurt all that much. Gaining Ball would help hide the loss of Allen. I would feel very confident with starting Jeffery and Smith as my WRs.

Anytime you can upgrade at RB it is hard to pass that up especially in a 14 team league.

I ended up trading Romo, Alfred Morris, and VD for Alex Smith, Montee Ball, and Julius Thomas.

All on the Broncos baby! Lol
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by eamjr10:
I think I would accept that trade, I really like Ball this season. RBs that play behind Manning normally do extremely well and with Moreno gone Ball will have a great oppurtunity to succeed and be a solid RB play each week, and I like him more than I do Morris. Yeah, you are giving up a little exchanging Allen for Smith but Smith is still a decent low-end WR2 option so I don't think you would hurt all that much. Gaining Ball would help hide the loss of Allen. I would feel very confident with starting Jeffery and Smith as my WRs.

Anytime you can upgrade at RB it is hard to pass that up especially in a 14 team league.

I ended up trading Romo, Alfred Morris, and VD for Alex Smith, Montee Ball, and Julius Thomas.

All on the Broncos baby! Lol

Nice lol. Good luck this season!
I am in a league where I am more than likely going to consider keeping Eddie Lacy over Marshawn Lynch. I am hearing Seattle is rumored to be going more to a committee style backfield with Turbin and Michael. Lynch's contract situation is not helping me make a case for him either. This is a PPR league and I see/hear Lacy being heavily in the Packers offense this year (run and pass). At this point I think he has more value than Lynch.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Thinking about hopping back into FF this year, hit me up if you need a guy
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Help me determine my keepers. I play in a league where every player has a point based on where they were drafted. Regardless, I get 10 points.

Dwayne Bowe RD2 6pts
Michael Crabtree RD14 1pt
Benny Cunningham F/A 1pt
Vernon Davis RD6 3pts
Andre Ellington F/A 1pt
Frank Gore RD1 6pts
Roy Helu Jr. F/A 1pt
Colin Kaepernick RD16 1pt K 2 more years
Eddie Lacy RD3 6pts
Denarius Moore RD9 3pts
Rueben Randle RD8 3pts
Trent Richardson RD2 6pts K Can't Keep
Darren Sproles RD3 6pts
Ryan Tannehill F/A 1pt
Mike Wallace RD4 3pts
Stephen Gostkowski RD11 1pt
San Francisco RD8 3pts

Eddie Lacy and Colin Kaepernick are the two I know. I have 3 more points to use. We can also TRADE points. I could maybe keep Crabtree? That is good value for 1pt. Then maybe trade the other two for extra picks in the draft to someone who needs them.
  • JoRo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Help me determine my keepers. I play in a league where every player has a point based on where they were drafted. Regardless, I get 10 points.

Dwayne Bowe RD2 6pts
Benny Cunningham F/A 1pt
Vernon Davis RD6 3pts
Andre Ellington F/A 1pt
Frank Gore RD1 6pts
Roy Helu Jr. F/A 1pt
Eddie Lacy RD3 6pts
Denarius Moore RD9 3pts
Rueben Randle RD8 3pts
Darren Sproles RD3 6pts
Ryan Tannehill F/A 1pt
Mike Wallace RD4 3pts
San Francisco RD8 3pts

Eddie Lacy and Colin Kaepernick are the two I know. I have 3 more points to use. We can also TRADE points. I could maybe keep Crabtree? That is good value for 1pt. Then maybe trade the other two for extra picks in the draft to someone who needs them.

Ellington, Crabtree, Lacy, Kaepernick. Excellent start. I'm big on Ellington this year, even playing in the NFCW. For 1 point, you can't go wrong.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Thinking about hopping back into FF this year, hit me up if you need a guy

you interested in a college football league?
Originally posted by JoRo:

Dwayne Bowe RD2 6pts
Benny Cunningham F/A 1pt
Vernon Davis RD6 3pts
Andre Ellington F/A 1pt
Frank Gore RD1 6pts
Roy Helu Jr. F/A 1pt
Eddie Lacy RD3 6pts
Denarius Moore RD9 3pts
Rueben Randle RD8 3pts
Darren Sproles RD3 6pts
Ryan Tannehill F/A 1pt
Mike Wallace RD4 3pts
San Francisco RD8 3pts

Ellington, Crabtree, Lacy, Kaepernick. Excellent start. I'm big on Ellington this year, even playing in the NFCW. For 1 point, you can't go wrong.

This, then trade the remaining point.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by JoRo:

Dwayne Bowe RD2 6pts
Benny Cunningham F/A 1pt
Vernon Davis RD6 3pts
Andre Ellington F/A 1pt
Frank Gore RD1 6pts
Roy Helu Jr. F/A 1pt
Eddie Lacy RD3 6pts
Denarius Moore RD9 3pts
Rueben Randle RD8 3pts
Darren Sproles RD3 6pts
Ryan Tannehill F/A 1pt
Mike Wallace RD4 3pts
San Francisco RD8 3pts

This, then trade the remaining point.

exactly this. i'm high on ellington as well. and while 6 points seems to be a lot, its worth it for Lacy.

and only 2 points with kap's potential and 1 pt for a #1 WR -easy choices there
Originally posted by Tman:
Man I am having a tough time deciding on my keeper for this year, help me out...... It's a 10 team ppr league and I can only keep 1

Charles - 1st
Graham - 2nd
Jordy Nelson - 7th
Harvin - 14th
Crabs - 17th

You keep Charles and it's not even close to me. If you can only keep 1 then you keep the Top 5 RB.

Awesome man, that's totally where I am leaning but looking at the other 4 I keep thinking of the value they are at those rounds. Charles though scored so much more last year then the next back in ppr he is almost a value even for a first

im confused on why this would even be a tough choice. how do your keepers work?

My league does three keepers and I'm definitely keeping Calvin Johnson and Kaepernick but I can't decide on the other one. Gore and DeSean Jackson are really the only other guys I have who's worthy. If Gordon was assured of playing all season I'd pick him. I'm expecting a big year from Leveon Bell but can't see keeping him. I wouldn't be against keeping Vernon Davis but unless it's Graham I don't think you can justify keeping a tight end.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Jul 29, 2014 at 9:22 PM ]
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Man I am having a tough time deciding on my keeper for this year, help me out...... It's a 10 team ppr league and I can only keep 1

Charles - 1st
Graham - 2nd
Jordy Nelson - 7th
Harvin - 14th
Crabs - 17th

You keep Charles and it's not even close to me. If you can only keep 1 then you keep the Top 5 RB.

Awesome man, that's totally where I am leaning but looking at the other 4 I keep thinking of the value they are at those rounds. Charles though scored so much more last year then the next back in ppr he is almost a value even for a first

It's pretty straight forward, you keep one player for the round they were drafted in and lose that pick in the draft. I put the round I drafted them in last year next to there name. I was probably over thinking it but my thought process was I wouldn't get any value from keeping somebody who will be drafted in that same round or close to that round. Where if I was to keep crabs I would just lose my last pick where he is going in round 5 in many drafts. I probably just needed somebody to confirm my feeling of not worrying about value and just stick with Charles.
Should I keep Gore, Desean Jackson, LeVeon Bell, or Vernon Davis to go with Kaep and Calvin Johnson as my keepers?
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Should I keep Gore, Desean Jackson, LeVeon Bell, or Vernon Davis to go with Kaep and Calvin Johnson as my keepers?

What rounds would you be giving up?
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

Charles - 1st
Graham - 2nd
Jordy Nelson - 7th
Harvin - 14th
Crabs - 17th

It's pretty straight forward, you keep one player for the round they were drafted in and lose that pick in the draft. I put the round I drafted them in last year next to there name. I was probably over thinking it but my thought process was I wouldn't get any value from keeping somebody who will be drafted in that same round or close to that round. Where if I was to keep crabs I would just lose my last pick where he is going in round 5 in many drafts. I probably just needed somebody to confirm my feeling of not worrying about value and just stick with Charles.

you aren't investing too much keeping Charles. Much more value else where.

What is you end up with tope 5 pick anyways?
Share 49ersWebzone