LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

***Fantasy Football Thread***

Who are some sleepers this year?
Two leagues this year. How many do you guys manage to be in?
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

Did 4 last year, 6 the year before. I think 3 is what I'll try and stick to this time
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

Andre Ellington RB
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

Andre Ellington RB

Take Reggie Wayne if he falls & everyone else thinks he's over the hill.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

Did 4 last year, 6 the year before. I think 3 is what I'll try and stick to this time

I did 6 last year, made playoffs in 5, won 3. I am just doing pay leagues only this year. The only free league I will be doing is College from vrabbit's league. That was a headache last year!

I'm just getting into my "fantasy gear" but I am looking at a few players that have high upside and are currently getting drafted fairly late:

Lamar Miller, RB, MIA (ADP- 7.03)
Terrance Williams, WR, DAL (7.08)
Kendall Wright, WR TEN (8.04)
Tavon Austin, WR, STL (10.01)
DeAndre Hopkins, WR, HOU (11.06)
Devonta Freeman, RB, ATL (10.03)
Aaron Dobson, WR, NE (12.05)
Justin Hunter, WR, TEN (14.01)

I will be adding more to this list, but these guys are currently on my radar.
[ Edited by eamjr10 on Jul 9, 2014 at 3:33 PM ]
Originally posted by eamjr10:

I'm just getting into my "fantasy gear" but I am looking at a few players that have high upside and are currently getting drafted fairly late:

Thats a solid list. What about Sankey?

I like Sankey, he is definitely going to get an opportunity to be the featured back in that offense now that Chris Johnson is gone. However, he is currently being drafted in the early 4th round in most mock drafts as he continues to gather more hype. That puts him inside the Top 20 RBs which makes him a low-end RB2 or a solid Flex play. He is definitely worth taking because of his potential upside and if I didn't like my RBs in the first 3 rounds then I would grab him, but he is going in the same round as such players like: Victor Cruz, Frank Gore, Michael Crabtree, Wes Welker, Percy Harvin, Larry Fitzgerald, etc. So it would really depend on how confident you are in his ability to pass up solid guys like that. My only concern is that his ADP will continue to move up into the 2nd-3rd rounds.

Personally I like Cordarrelle Patterson as a 4th-5th round sleeper better.

I like Sankey, he is definitely going to get an opportunity to be the featured back in that offense now that Chris Johnson is gone. However, he is currently being drafted in the early 4th round in most mock drafts as he continues to gather more hype. That puts him inside the Top 20 RBs which makes him a low-end RB2 or a solid Flex play. He is definitely worth taking because of his potential upside and if I didn't like my RBs in the first 3 rounds then I would grab him, but he is going in the same round as such players like: Victor Cruz, Frank Gore, Michael Crabtree, Wes Welker, Percy Harvin, Larry Fitzgerald, etc. So it would really depend on how confident you are in his ability to pass up solid guys like that. My only concern is that his ADP will continue to move up into the 2nd-3rd rounds.

Personally I like Cordarrelle Patterson as a 4th-5th round sleeper better.

Corderrelle Patterson is one to watch this year.

One of my leagues already started this past Saturday. Standard scoring in a 14 man league.

Would you guys trade Alfred Morris and Keenan Allen for montee ball and Torrey smith?

My team:

Qb p. manning
Rb morris
Rb Ridley
Wr Alshon Jeffery
WR Keenan Allen
Wr amendola
Te Vernon Davis
Flex Boldin
Def sf

Bench:
Bernard pierce
Justin hunter
Tony romo
Jordan Mathews
Christine Michael
Marcus lattimore

I really want to pair up ball with manning but I feel like I'm giving up proven players for potential. Then again, morris makes me a little nervous without shanahan
Originally posted by YungAce:
One of my leagues already started this past Saturday. Standard scoring in a 14 man league.

Would you guys trade Alfred Morris and Keenan Allen for montee ball and Torrey smith?

My team:

Qb p. manning
Rb morris
Rb Ridley
Wr Alshon Jeffery
WR Keenan Allen
Wr amendola
Te Vernon Davis
Flex Boldin
Def sf

Bench:
Bernard pierce
Justin hunter
Tony romo
Jordan Mathews
Christine Michael
Marcus lattimore

I really want to pair up ball with manning but I feel like I'm giving up proven players for potential. Then again, morris makes me a little nervous without shanahan
I think I would accept that trade, I really like Ball this season. RBs that play behind Manning normally do extremely well and with Moreno gone Ball will have a great oppurtunity to succeed and be a solid RB play each week, and I like him more than I do Morris. Yeah, you are giving up a little exchanging Allen for Smith but Smith is still a decent low-end WR2 option so I don't think you would hurt all that much. Gaining Ball would help hide the loss of Allen. I would feel very confident with starting Jeffery and Smith as my WRs.

Anytime you can upgrade at RB it is hard to pass that up especially in a 14 team league.
[ Edited by eamjr10 on Jul 16, 2014 at 2:31 PM ]
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Man I am having a tough time deciding on my keeper for this year, help me out...... It's a 10 team ppr league and I can only keep 1

Charles - 1st
Graham - 2nd
Jordy Nelson - 7th
Harvin - 14th
Crabs - 17th
Originally posted by Tman:
Man I am having a tough time deciding on my keeper for this year, help me out...... It's a 10 team ppr league and I can only keep 1

Charles - 1st
Graham - 2nd
Jordy Nelson - 7th
Harvin - 14th
Crabs - 17th

You keep Charles and it's not even close to me. If you can only keep 1 then you keep the Top 5 RB.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by Tman:

Charles - 1st
Graham - 2nd
Jordy Nelson - 7th
Harvin - 14th
Crabs - 17th

You keep Charles and it's not even close to me. If you can only keep 1 then you keep the Top 5 RB.

Awesome man, that's totally where I am leaning but looking at the other 4 I keep thinking of the value they are at those rounds. Charles though scored so much more last year then the next back in ppr he is almost a value even for a first
Share 49ersWebzone