There are 43 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***Fantasy Football Thread***

Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by Protoman:
I've got the 9th and 11th overall picks in my 10 man .5 PPR league. I know guys like Peterson, Martin, Megatron, Spiller, Brady, Rodgers, and Brees are guaranteed to be scooped in the first round, and RB-heavy teams have done me well in the past.

Should I reach for McCoy in the 1st and take Forte in the 2nd? Not sure if Ray Rice is going to be available.

McCoy wouldn't be a reach in the 1st. He's a top 5 RB IMO. Take the two best RB's available and run with that, unless Megatron happens to fall to you. (Oh, and you have the 9th and 12th picks )

Haha yeah, I'm so pumped I forgot about the order. My league is a work league full of Hawks homers, and the air of competition has gotten big, especially with my brother and I being in the same league and us having back-to-back draft picks via random drawing is already making at least one team owner mad.

I ran a bunch of mock drafts over the weekend, and I think I'll have a good chance of picking up these guys as my first 3 picks:

#9: Rice or Foster (RB1)
#12: Forte or Morris (RB2)
#29: Gore or Chris Johnson (Flex)

Would this be a smart use of my first 3 picks? There looks like there's a lot of depth at WR/QB but not so much at RB this year, and I may take the Rams D/ST late in the draft so I can focus on having more options at WR after I stock up on RBs early.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
As a flex would you start Kenny Britt vs Pitts secondary or Ahmad Bradshaw vs Oakland? PPR league.

anyone vs. oakland, lol

I do not know... I am getting really tempted to start Ben Tate as my Flex over Bradshaw now. They play SD week one and Bradshaw will be coming back off a foot injury and will be splitting time with Ballard but will still be the primary back. I am thinking Tate will possibly put up better numbers with the timeshare cuff to Foster. Decisions...
  • gage
  • Veteran
How'd I do in a 10 team, .5ppr league?

QB - M. Ryan
RB - M. Forte
RB - S. Ridley
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Julio Jones
TE - G. Olsen
W/R/T - R. Mathews
K - P. Dawson
DEF - Patriots
IDP - A. Smith (we get 3 pts per sack!)
BENCH: - Dalton, Antonio Brown, M. Williams, J. Gordon, R. Mendenhall, K. Hunter, Z. Sudfeld

I'm thinking I need to try and upgrade by moving Brown/Williams and Mendenhall/Mathews for a better RB but not sure what good value is there.
Who do you guys think gets the better end of this deal:

Team A Gives: Arian Foster, Victor Cruz, Law Firm
Team B Gives: Chris Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Lamar Miller
Originally posted by GameOver:
Who do you guys think gets the better end of this deal:

Team A Gives: Arian Foster, Victor Cruz, Law Firm
Team B Gives: Chris Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Lamar Miller

That's a pretty even trade IMO, I would probably want cj, fitz and miller though but it depends who else is on my team

Foster > cj2k but cj has the potential to do just as good if not better without the injury history
Cruz = fitz
Ellis < miller and this will most likely hold true through the season
Which 3 out of these 5?

Steven Jackson
Dwayne Bowe
Eric Decker
Roddy White
Julio Jones

not a ppr
[ Edited by phatbutskinny on Sep 2, 2013 at 6:21 PM ]
Jackson
Originally posted by Tman:
Jackson

just edited...
Man you are all over them dirty birds

Jackson
Julio
And normally I would say roddy but if the falcons have a bad game your screwed for sure so I'd prolly go with bowe since they are playing jax
Originally posted by Tman:
Man you are all over them dirty birds

Jackson
Julio
And normally I would say roddy but if the falcons have a bad game your screwed for sure so I'd prolly go with bowe since they are playing jax

haha autodraft....when i saw that i was pretty pissed cuz its a 8 team league. everyones team is stacked, but mine relies heavily on the falcons so i will either win big or lose big. They even drafted me matty ice. Thanks for the help though
[ Edited by phatbutskinny on Sep 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM ]
Hey everybody need some advice please. Been reading through these fantasy threads and it seems like in a 10 team league, it doesn't make sense to have 2 quarterbacks right?(got kap and Dalton)

I want to drop Dalton and pick up another back. Currently have spiller, cj, vereen, and Ingram, but all that's left are backups like helu and Bryce brown.

Only my 2nd year doing fantasy and first in a $ league so any help would be appreciated.

Oh and was wondering if you guys think that dropping deandre hopkins(due to his concussion issue) and picking up heyward bey is a good move. Read that dhb was named the #2 and that with Indy running 2 te sets, that Hilton is actually overrated and dhb may have some value.

Mahalo niner fans!
NYG MIN STL. Which of these DEFs would you guys choose?
Matt Ryan
Demaryius Thomas
Julio Jones
Steve Smith (CAR)
Doug Martin
Darren Mcfadden
Brandon Myers
TY Hilton (flex)

Bench:
Giovani Bernard
Vick Ballard
Reuben Randle
Mark Ingram
Kendall Wright
Quinton Patton

PPR - 12 team
[ Edited by YungBird on Sep 3, 2013 at 7:47 AM ]
Here is my $100 team 14 team PPR league No Flex...QBs get 6 points per Passing TD, kickers get 7 points for 40 yarders, 10 for 50 yarders, D's get 12 points per TD and Safeties

1. (9) Jamaal Charles (KC - RB)
2. (20) A.J. Green (Cin - WR)
3. (37) Colin Kaepernick (SF - QB)
4. (48) Lamar Miller (Mia - RB)
5. (65) Hakeem Nicks (NYG - WR)
6. (76) Jason Witten (Dal - TE)
7. (93) Ryan Mathews (SD - RB)
8. (104) San Francisco (SF - DEF)
9. (121) Justin Tucker (Bal - K)
10. (132) Kenny Britt (Ten - WR)
11. (149) Alshon Jeffery (Chi - WR)
12. (160) Zach Sudfeld (NE - TE)
13. (177) Sam Bradford (StL - QB)
14. (188) Kendall Hunter (SF - RB)
15. (205) Mohamed Sanu (Cin - WR).
Yahoo gave me an A+ and predicts an 11-2 finsish calling me paper champions
[ Edited by ninerlifer on Sep 3, 2013 at 7:54 AM ]
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Here is my $100 team 14 team PPR league No Flex...QBs get 6 points per Passing TD, kickers get 7 points for 40 yarders, 10 for 50 yarders, D's get 12 points per TD and Safeties

1. (9) Jamaal Charles (KC - RB)
2. (20) A.J. Green (Cin - WR)
3. (37) Colin Kaepernick (SF - QB)
4. (48) Lamar Miller (Mia - RB)
5. (65) Hakeem Nicks (NYG - WR)
6. (76) Jason Witten (Dal - TE)
7. (93) Ryan Mathews (SD - RB)
8. (104) San Francisco (SF - DEF)
9. (121) Justin Tucker (Bal - K)
10. (132) Kenny Britt (Ten - WR)
11. (149) Alshon Jeffery (Chi - WR)
12. (160) Zach Sudfeld (NE - TE)
13. (177) Sam Bradford (StL - QB)
14. (188) Kendall Hunter (SF - RB)
15. (205) Mohamed Sanu (Cin - WR).
Yahoo gave me an A+ and predicts an 11-2 finsish calling me paper champions

Depends on Lamar Miller really. He's a higher risk as your #2 RB. and he's in a time share. Ryan Mathews, man that guy is frustrating. So much talent but the last two years he is usually a big reason your team wins the Sack-O.

When he's healthy he's fumbling and not getting GL carries and with Dany Woodhead, he wont be playing on 3rd downs (SD will be behind a lot this year)
and when thats not happening he gets hurt.

I'd rather have Darren McFadden - and thats saying something because he is just as bad on a worse team.