LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

49ers Defense Did I make a mistake?

Okay, what do you all think about our defense this season? Will it be in the top 10? I see zero pass rush again this season. I took the 49ers defense as my 2nd de in my FFL but now I am thinking I should replace them. What do you guys and gals think?
if their your 2nd it should be fine.

who is your first defense?

also this should be in the fantasy forum
Our D will be fine this year. It can only get better from last year (13).
Originally posted by ads_2006:

why should it be in the fantasy forum? I want to know what people in niner talk think about our def this season? Anyway Tenn is my 1st Defense. I drafted my defense late.
Who drafts two defenses ?
Originally posted by 49erJim:

why should it be in the fantasy forum? I want to know what people in niner talk think about our def this season? Anyway Tenn is my 1st Defense. I drafted my defense late.

i misread it.

I think our defense will be fine. Everyones been going crazy from the lack of a pass rush this pre-season.

What I read from the articles from training camp about when the 49ers did get pressure was when they blitzed or ran specific plays. In pre-season all we are seeing is one-on-one matchups, where we lose.

Look for things to improve when we start blitzing....right now we are just coming straight at the o-line which isnt working.
Shouldn't this be in the Fantasy League Forum?
Originally posted by cubanb:

well I do. Its works for me, I was in our super bowl two years in a row and last year I we won it all. Whats wrong with having two defenses?
Originally posted by Psinex:
Shouldn't this be in the Fantasy League Forum?

shut up!!

i misread it.

I think our defense will be fine. Everyones been going crazy from the lack of a pass rush this pre-season.

What I read from the articles from training camp about when the 49ers did get pressure was when they blitzed or ran specific plays. In pre-season all we are seeing is one-on-one matchups, where we lose.

Look for things to improve when we start blitzing....right now we are just coming straight at the o-line which isnt working.

I sure hope you are right, Romo could have had a beer back there last saturday. It looked a lot like the same pass rush we have had for the last 6 seasons to me. I don't see us blitzing that much and making much of a diff. Justin Smith is a nice bull rusher and can take on two guys but he can't run any QB down.

[ Edited by 49erJim on Sep 1, 2009 at 21:59:34 ]

i misread it.

I sure hop you are right, Romo could have had a beer back there last saturday. It looked a lot like the same pass rush we have had for the last 6 seasons to me. I don't see us blitzing that much and making much of a diff. Justin Smith is a nice bull rusher and can take on two guys but he can't run any QB down.

Well, in the paper last week, Manusky stated

that "they dont blitz or run specific plays" and "do not game plan for preseason games".
Originally posted by cubanb:

I do sometimes... It allows you to play matchups. And if we're comparing fantasy prowess, take a look at my profile - I'll blow your f**king mind... I won one league 4-years in a row - I had the #1 seed last year during my run at number 5, but lost in the playoffs on some flukey s**t.
While concerned about our pass rush I am very happy over the number of turnovers the defense had in pre-season. Remember there is no game planning or film watching that goes on in pre-season. In addition the coaches are more focused on watching how players and which players to use in different scenarios etc..

If we have +8 turnovers by the 3rd game of the season like we did in preseason I am very happy. FYI.. Dallas has defense has 12 QB sacks this pre season and created 1 turn over believe me the press down here is screaming over that.
We developed enough pressure to get 8 turnovers. I will take turnovers versus sacks any day. If we can keep that up all season we will have a good defense.

I think we have three areas of concern. Will Lawson get a 7-10 sacks this season? Will Balmer develop as a lineman? Will Nate Clements need to be replaced by Bly or Brown? If those three issues get settled we will move into the top ten of defenses.
Your going to lose your first game anyways... you might as well give up now.
Share 49ersWebzone