There are 138 users in the forums

Adrian Peterson vs. MJD

Adrian Peterson vs. MJD

Would you STILL take ADRIAN PETERSON over MJD in a PPR Leage?

[ Edited by TlSSER on Aug 27, 2009 at 5:23 AM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Not I! There are a handful of RB's (couple handfuls actually) that will outscore him in PPR. 1 ppr or .5 ppr?
Originally posted by krizay:
Not I! There are a handful of RB's (couple handfuls actually) that will outscore him in PPR. 1 ppr or .5 ppr?

1 pt kirzay!
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Can someone explain to me why MJD is ranked so high this year? Did they suddenly get an offensive line I didn't hear about?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:
Can someone explain to me why MJD is ranked so high this year? Did they suddenly get an offensive line I didn't hear about?

They drafted what they hope is bookend OT's in the first 2 rounds of the draft this year and also brought in Tra Thomas whom the Eagles let walk to strengthen the line. They let Fred Taylor go and have a lot of unproven talent behind MJD at RB so he should get a huge workload this year.

Eben Britton and Eugene Monroe with their first two picks..add that to a healthier Tra Thomas...Pashos started all 16 games last season...They had a rough year last year...but I think Britton and Monroe vastly improve that line.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Quote:
As good as Peterson has been MJD has scored more TD's over the past 2 years. All that with Fred Taylor starting ahead of him and MJD never having 200 carries in a season. Then throw in the extra 60 catches MJD has over Peterson.

MJD would be my choice at #1 so definitely #3 in a PPR league
Originally posted by KRS-1:

They drafted what they hope is bookend OT's in the first 2 rounds of the draft this year and also brought in Tra Thomas whom the Eagles let walk to strengthen the line. They let Fred Taylor go and have a lot of unproven talent behind MJD at RB so he should get a huge workload this year.

MJD is a versatile back....dangerous in the air and on the ground. Jax leans on the run, their line looks better than it has in a while, and Fred Taylor can now disappoint the Patriots.

I got him at 5. I think he'll be the points champ of all rb's this season.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:

Eben Britton and Eugene Monroe with their first two picks..add that to a healthier Tra Thomas...Pashos started all 16 games last season...They had a rough year last year...but I think Britton and Monroe vastly improve that line.

You really trust 2 rookie tackles and an injury prone Tra Thomas? That's a lot of change and inexperience. I'm alone in this thinking I guess, personally I just wonder about MJD as an every down back for 16 games behind that line.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:

You really trust 2 rookie tackles and an injury prone Tra Thomas? That's a lot of change and inexperience. I'm alone in this thinking I guess, personally I just wonder about MJD as an every down back for 16 games behind that line.

I think Peterson is the safest pick in the draft. MJD has more upside in a PPR league, but I'm with you in that there are questions.

That's what makes it such a weird year. After Peterson, I have questions about just about everyone. Although personally I like Forte at 2, I've seen what he can do and that was w/o a passing threat. I'm glas I don't pick early that's for sure.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I would take Maurice Jones Drew over Adrian Peterson in every league format.

In PPR it's not even close.
Originally posted by crzy:

agreed
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

If MJD had Minny's line I would agree with you. I look more at the line than I do the back in most situations, which is why I had Thomas Jones rated highly last year, and if Denver would pick a back, I'd like him too.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

If MJD had Minny's line I would agree with you. I look more at the line than I do the back in most situations, which is why I had Thomas Jones rated highly last year, and if Denver would pick a back, I'd like him too.

Moreno?

And outside of Hutchinson, the Vikings line isn't that much better than the Jaguars. Plus they lost their Pro Bowl center Matt Birk to the Ravens.
[ Edited by crzy on Aug 27, 2009 at 3:00 PM ]
I just picked Forte over MJD at #4 in my main (non-PPR) league. I was really impressed with Forte last year and I think having Cutler behind center will help a lot. He's a hard worker and also has good hands.

Hopefully I don't regret this a lot in a few weeks...
[ Edited by NewEraNiner on Aug 29, 2009 at 3:27 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone