There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Dumbest First Pick.

Ok, so what's been the dumbest off the wall first overall pick or just first pick of a player in any of u guy's Fantasy drafts, NFL or NBA.

For me I'd have to say when a friend of mine took D'angelo Williams with the third overall pick in his rookie year.
My friend (who knows Rasmus)..drafting Colby Rasmus w/ the 1st overall pick in one of my leagues this year.

i saw larry fitzgerald go 1 overall

(i got forte with my 8th pick)
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i saw larry fitzgerald go 1 overall

(i got forte with my 8th pick)

why are you playing in a league with people like that...
someone chose brees with a top 5 pick, i forgot, it was somewhere between picks 3-5
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,924
Originally posted by Fincham11:
Ok, so what's been the dumbest off the wall first overall pick or just first pick of a player in any of u guy's Fantasy drafts, NFL or NBA.

For me I'd have to say when a friend of mine took D'angelo Williams with the third overall pick in his rookie year.

many many moons ago! My buddy was doing his very first fantasy football draft. He had the 4th or 5th pick. This joker chose Yancey freakin Thigpen................



























MONTHS AFTER HE RETIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A few years ago I did my first and last fantasy football season. I like it but I get too carried away and don't want to have to root against the 9ers just to win at a meaningless game. It would take more than that but none the less I don't want the possibility there. It got me watching more games but again I get too carried away.

Anyways, I picked Carson Palmer I forget if it was 13th overall or so which was good because he had a huge season that year however for some reason I picked Delhomme with my second pick which you all know is a waste because your starter only has one bye week so you just pick some FA for that week up. I didn't end up with much for RB but guess who I picked up? My team name was STOP GORE (meaning a challenge to anyone). This was his second year I believe and nobody knew him so I got him UNDRAFTED and he had 1695 yards that year. I did pretty well overall thanks to non-9er fans not knowing what Gore was capable of.
I was in a random Yahoo league last year with a guy that took Vince Young 5th overall, the Ravens defense in the 3rd round, and Nick Folk in the 7th round.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,924
Back to Back years the same guy would take Vanderjagt in the 3rd round. Granted, the scoring system was soooo screwed up.(basically a TD length type of league) Kickers were one of the top scorers in the league, but a kicker in the 3rd?
  • TheHitman
  • Info N/A
Weak sauce, peeps. My buddy took Troy Goddamn Aikman first overall several years ago, and days later.... he retired. Every year he gets harassed about that pick. He screwed up his whole season because of his Cowboy loyalty.
  • kj11aw
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Gore_21:
A few years ago I did my first and last fantasy football season. I like it but I get too carried away and don't want to have to root against the 9ers just to win at a meaningless game. It would take more than that but none the less I don't want the possibility there. It got me watching more games but again I get too carried away.

Anyways, I picked Carson Palmer I forget if it was 13th overall or so which was good because he had a huge season that year however for some reason I picked Delhomme with my second pick which you all know is a waste because your starter only has one bye week so you just pick some FA for that week up. I didn't end up with much for RB but guess who I picked up? My team name was STOP GORE (meaning a challenge to anyone). This was his second year I believe and nobody knew him so I got him UNDRAFTED and he had 1695 yards that year. I did pretty well overall thanks to non-9er fans not knowing what Gore was capable of.

undrafted frank gore. can i get in this league?
  • TheHitman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by kj11aw:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
A few years ago I did my first and last fantasy football season. I like it but I get too carried away and don't want to have to root against the 9ers just to win at a meaningless game. It would take more than that but none the less I don't want the possibility there. It got me watching more games but again I get too carried away.

Anyways, I picked Carson Palmer I forget if it was 13th overall or so which was good because he had a huge season that year however for some reason I picked Delhomme with my second pick which you all know is a waste because your starter only has one bye week so you just pick some FA for that week up. I didn't end up with much for RB but guess who I picked up? My team name was STOP GORE (meaning a challenge to anyone). This was his second year I believe and nobody knew him so I got him UNDRAFTED and he had 1695 yards that year. I did pretty well overall thanks to non-9er fans not knowing what Gore was capable of.

undrafted frank gore. can i get in this league?

He said it was year 2 of Gore's career. At that point he was splitting carries with Barlow still and we were an awful team, so nobody knew who he was unless they'd watched every Niner game. I snagged him that year too in the late rounds.

Heck... the year LT came out, he went undrafted in our league and a buddy of mine picked him up in like week 3. He went on a tear soon and the guy got one of the best keepers in FFL history for peanuts. It happens when folks don't follow anyone but the stars.
My buddy took Steve Mcnair 2nd overall two years ago...
  • kj11aw
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TheHitman:
Originally posted by kj11aw:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
A few years ago I did my first and last fantasy football season. I like it but I get too carried away and don't want to have to root against the 9ers just to win at a meaningless game. It would take more than that but none the less I don't want the possibility there. It got me watching more games but again I get too carried away.

Anyways, I picked Carson Palmer I forget if it was 13th overall or so which was good because he had a huge season that year however for some reason I picked Delhomme with my second pick which you all know is a waste because your starter only has one bye week so you just pick some FA for that week up. I didn't end up with much for RB but guess who I picked up? My team name was STOP GORE (meaning a challenge to anyone). This was his second year I believe and nobody knew him so I got him UNDRAFTED and he had 1695 yards that year. I did pretty well overall thanks to non-9er fans not knowing what Gore was capable of.

undrafted frank gore. can i get in this league?

He said it was year 2 of Gore's career. At that point he was splitting carries with Barlow still and we were an awful team, so nobody knew who he was unless they'd watched every Niner game. I snagged him that year too in the late rounds.

Heck... the year LT came out, he went undrafted in our league and a buddy of mine picked him up in like week 3. He went on a tear soon and the guy got one of the best keepers in FFL history for peanuts. It happens when folks don't follow anyone but the stars.

same here....

guess thats what i get for playing in a league with my buddies...we all know way too much about football....
About three or four years ago, I was at a draft sitting next to some guy I didn't know in a Vick jersey. He drew the #1 pick so I threw out Vick's name as his first selection. His response? "You know it baby!!!"

I was not serious. He was.

He also picked up both Dunn and Crumpler with his 2nd & 3rd picks (in a snake draft).



And last year, I laughed at a Bears fan that took Hester in the 3rd, Forte in the 4th, and Grossman in the 5th. I wasn't laughing at his 4th round pick very long, though.