LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

WZ Football 2014

• jrg
  • Veteran
Josh Gordon drops 47.70 and its fine...
237 yards 1TD

Pittsburgh DEF scores 39.00 and its dumb...
11pts allowed, 5 sacks, 1 INT, 3 fumble recoveries, 1 TD
James it's just that the bonuses are huge. It's like +12 points for 200 yards. It normally is like 2 or 3 as a bonus.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
James it's just that the bonuses are huge. It's like +12 points for 200 yards. It normally is like 2 or 3 as a bonus.

I know. I made them that way. They just seem outrageous to you because you don't have other leagues that actually acknowledge defenses. A lot of leagues have guys drafting 4th and 5th string WRs to sit on their bench over their STARTING defense. The bonuses keep the defenses as valuable as any other player you'd start. If your defense has a great day, you'll be rewarded for it instead of just ignoring what they do in general.

If they were scoring 100pts, Id get the complaints..but I think their scoring is fine.
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

I know. I made them that way. They just seem outrageous to you because you don't have other leagues that actually acknowledge defenses. A lot of leagues have guys drafting 4th and 5th string WRs to sit on their bench over their STARTING defense. The bonuses keep the defenses as valuable as any other player you'd start. If your defense has a great day, you'll be rewarded for it instead of just ignoring what they do in general.

If they were scoring 100pts, Id get the complaints..but I think their scoring is fine.

Haha obviously you made the points that way! I'm just commenting on the fact that they are huuuuge
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
I like this league a lot ... But the defensive scoring is pretty dumb

A defense should never get 40 points in fantasy football lol

Why shouldn't they? Let's just let them have 0 value and score nothing huh?

James, we have talked about this. The defensive settings in this league are whacked and need to be changed.

Lol, no they don't. Just because it isn't the same as every other league you're in doesn't mean they need to be changed. I've given reasons on why I have them set this way. All I've heard in response is complaining about the settings/scoring and how they NEED to be changed.

There is no fantasy FB league Ive ever seen that has defenses scoring in the 40s and above. You are the commish and can do what you want but unless we do make changes to the scoring I will probably not be back.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

James, we have talked about this. The defensive settings in this league are whacked and need to be changed.

Lol, no they don't. Just because it isn't the same as every other league you're in doesn't mean they need to be changed. I've given reasons on why I have them set this way. All I've heard in response is complaining about the settings/scoring and how they NEED to be changed.

There is no fantasy FB league Ive ever seen that has defenses scoring in the 40s and above. You are the commish and can do what you want but unless we do make changes to the scoring I will probably not be back.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Not gonna be threatened into changing it. If you want out, then leave. This league has always been based around a league vote. I personally think there is nothing wrong with the defensive scoring. I've explained many times...I'd like the defenses to actually be relevant instead of meaning nothing. Those other leagues you're in have 4th and 5th WRs or RBs that just sit on your bench drafted ahead of you STARTING DEFENSE. How does that make any sense at all?

Peyton Manning/Week 1: 68.28
Tony Romo/Week 5: 67.94
Nick Foles/Week 9: 67.94

plus plenty other players scoring 40+ points a game...and not a single peep. But the minute another starting roster position (defense) scores 40, there is an outrage. Makes 0 sense.

The highest defensive score this season was from the Cardinals in Week 6. They scored 50.00.

That game they allowed 7 points, had 9 sacks, 3 interceptions, and a touchdown. That is an insane game and should be rewarded for it.

Having defenses actually scoring points make them relevant and stops guys from not giving a s**t about who their defense is and just stockpiling backup players.
Man I can't believe I cut knowshon right after I drafted him

Thats fine. But you realize that everyone other than you think its out of line right?
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Nov 25, 2013 at 1:30 PM ]
By the way, I am not saying this because I have been screwed by it. IN fact, I beat Crazy when he basically outscored me at every position but I got 42 points from Cincy. In my opinion TDS should count 6 pts, ints and fumble recoveries 2 pts, sacks 1 pt, and pts allowed should factor in too. A very good game should net a defense in the 20s.

Fantasy FB in my opinion is about the individual players more than a defense.

• jrg
  • Veteran
In a bad way...must win....HUGE win for me vs. itlyn
In a bad way...must win....HUGE win for me vs. itlyn

Good chance that whoever wins our match this week makes the playoffs and whoever loses is out. (depending on what crazy does)
  • jrg
  • Veteran
im making the playoffs
im making the playoffs

If you win this week you will. Dont bet the house on it though.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
im making the playoffs

If you win this week you will. Dont bet the house on it though.

Share 49ersWebzone