There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Post Whore League Thread Season 7-- PA9erFaithful Defending champ

  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,017
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Did anyone let you know that you had to go to "Team Owner Options" when you take over a team to set your keepers? I noticed before the draft that your players didn't have any green pins next to them indicating they were keepers. Didn't think much of it at the time because they were the only 4 players on your roster, and figured they would just be kept on your roster.

Pretty crappy situation. I'm liking my team after the draft, but it's kind of f**ked up you get the shaft because you probably didn't realize you had to reset your keepers after taking over for someone else.

This is probably what happened.

No I was not notified.
I have never played keepers before.
I know there is a deadline to set keepers, which I assumed already had passed and was done for me since I was taking over a team.

If this is the case, then I guess I will have to take responsibility for that. But being a new owner someone, *esco cough esco*, should have probably told me.
So, all that being said I guess we can keep it the way it is since it's technically my responsibility.

Holy crap that IS a bad team
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,017
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Holy crap that IS a bad team

I had to pick last too so by the time I picked... just nothing
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,017
I think we should re-draft.
Or else what is the point for me to even participate? - I might as well drop the rest of my players.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Did anyone let you know that you had to go to "Team Owner Options" when you take over a team to set your keepers? I noticed before the draft that your players didn't have any green pins next to them indicating they were keepers. Didn't think much of it at the time because they were the only 4 players on your roster, and figured they would just be kept on your roster.

Pretty crappy situation. I'm liking my team after the draft, but it's kind of f**ked up you get the shaft because you probably didn't realize you had to reset your keepers after taking over for someone else.

This is probably what happened.

No I was not notified.
I have never played keepers before.
I know there is a deadline to set keepers, which I assumed already had passed and was done for me since I was taking over a team.

If this is the case, then I guess I will have to take responsibility for that. But being a new owner someone, *esco cough esco*, should have probably told me.
So, all that being said I guess we can keep it the way it is since it's technically my responsibility.


It's not because you're a new owner, I've run 3 fleaflicker leagues for over 5 years and all of them are keeper leagues. Each season at least 1 person drops after the keeper deadline and we've never had an issue with new owners having to re-select keepers. In fact, in the other draft that I was running simultaneously with this draft one of the owners just took over a vacant team before the draft started and he didn't know he had keepers before we started. I e-mailed the site owners to get an answer on why your roster was reset.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,017
Originally posted by Esco:
It's not because you're a new owner, I've run 3 fleaflicker leagues for over 5 years and all of them are keeper leagues. Each season at least 1 person drops after the keeper deadline and we've never had an issue with new owners having to re-select keepers. In fact, in the other draft that I was running simultaneously with this draft one of the owners just took over a vacant team before the draft started and he didn't know he had keepers before we started. I e-mailed the site owners to get an answer on why your roster was reset.

Well I didn't even get to select my keepers - I was under the assumption that they were already locked in. Of the people on my team, there was only 4 players which I thought were my selected keepers.

I dont know.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Esco:
It's not because you're a new owner, I've run 3 fleaflicker leagues for over 5 years and all of them are keeper leagues. Each season at least 1 person drops after the keeper deadline and we've never had an issue with new owners having to re-select keepers. In fact, in the other draft that I was running simultaneously with this draft one of the owners just took over a vacant team before the draft started and he didn't know he had keepers before we started. I e-mailed the site owners to get an answer on why your roster was reset.

Well I didn't even get to select my keepers - I was under the assumption that they were already locked in. Of the people on my team, there was only 4 players which I thought were my selected keepers.

I dont know.

The keepers were already selected or your roster would have been empty when you took over the team. You shouldn't have to select them again... currently waiting on a response from the site.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,017
Originally posted by Esco:
The keepers were already selected or your roster would have been empty when you took over the team. You shouldn't have to select them again... currently waiting on a response from the site.

Ok. So it wasnt something I didn't do.
Thats a relief.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Esco:
The keepers were already selected or your roster would have been empty when you took over the team. You shouldn't have to select them again... currently waiting on a response from the site.

Ok. So it wasnt something I didn't do.
Thats a relief.

BTW didn't you take over a team in the Parking Lot league? That is also a keeper league... did you re-select keepers in that league?
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,017
Originally posted by Esco:
BTW didn't you take over a team in the Parking Lot league? That is also a keeper league... did you re-select keepers in that league?
Yes I am in that league.
No, I had no problem with the draft at all. The draft went great.
[ Edited by Garcia on Aug 26, 2012 at 7:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Esco:
BTW didn't you take over a team in the Parking Lot league? That is also a keeper league... did you re-select keepers in that league?
Yes I am in that league.
No, I had no problem with the draft at all. The draft went great.

That's what i thought
If we re-draft we should do it soon.

Garcia will be highly unlikely to win a game against an active manager if we keep things as they are.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,017
Originally posted by joey82:
If we re-draft we should do it soon.

Garcia will be highly unlikely to win a game against an active manager if we keep things as they are.

I think I could pull off a couple upsets
[ Edited by Garcia on Aug 27, 2012 at 3:24 PM ]
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,017
Whats the status?
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,017
If nothing has changed by tomorrow I guess i'm just gonna drop all my players bc I dont got time for this if it doesnt get fixed.
sorry to be a b***h about it.