There are 177 users in the forums

Post Whore League Season 11 Champ Boiseniner!

• Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by Esco:
I've always felt your keeper deadlines are way too early, what if there's a Sean Lee type injury between July and August? Draft won't be till then, so what's the hurry?

I like for people to have time to scout the available players in the draft. In none keeper leagues you always know who the top players are and can prepare in keeper leagues it takes more work since the best 30 players are already taken so, in my opinion, I believe you should have ample time to study the pool to prepare for the draft. Also people like me who are always busy may require more than a few weeks to prepare for various league drafts. In the 6 past seasons I can't remember any major issues with the July 1st keeper deadline.

Percy Harvin trauma last season. It's all good

Anybody who keeps Percy Marvin should expect injuries am I right?
I've always felt your keeper deadlines are way too early, what if there's a Sean Lee type injury between July and August? Draft won't be till then, so what's the hurry?

I like for people to have time to scout the available players in the draft. In none keeper leagues you always know who the top players are and can prepare in keeper leagues it takes more work since the best 30 players are already taken so, in my opinion, I believe you should have ample time to study the pool to prepare for the draft. Also people like me who are always busy may require more than a few weeks to prepare for various league drafts. In the 6 past seasons I can't remember any major issues with the July 1st keeper deadline.

Percy Harvin trauma last season. It's all good

Anybody who keeps Percy Marvin should expect injuries am I right?

Are we allowed to propose rule changes and it go to a vote or commissioner approval?
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
What rules would you like to propose

Vote to eliminate 1 or 2 bench spots. I believe that having so many roster spots decreases competition because

1. No waiver wire competition. There are not enough valuable players on the waiver wire, which make its less exciting and competitive. With less roster spots, people will have to make tougher decisions on who to keep, whether they decide to go in favor of a proven player instead of a rookie, or take a risk on a rookie (potential keeper) and have to drop a decent player.

2. No point of even researching sleepers. While in most leagues, it is a risk to take someone you value as a sleeper with a late round choice, in this league there are so many spots that your sleeper will be taken no matter what. For example, I might just draft a random rookie I have no knowledge about and he might blow up, while someone other will actually be targeting him and not be able to draft him. If there were less roster spots, the person targeting that sleeper would have to make a decision on drafting him or hoping to pick him on the waiver wire. With more spots, he has no chance of picking him on the waiver wire, because someone will draft him for the sole reason of filling up the roster.

I believe a shorter bench ensures that you have to come to the draft prepared or you need to be great with the waiver wire. It makes the league more competitive, dynamic and makes injuries extremely relevant (should I hold the dead weight for a couple weeks, or pick up someone who can get me some points)

I usually find that most people don't agree with me on this argument, so no harm if it doesn't pass. Just a proposal I had
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

Vote to eliminate 1 or 2 bench spots. I believe that having so many roster spots decreases competition because

1. No waiver wire competition. There are not enough valuable players on the waiver wire, which make its less exciting and competitive. With less roster spots, people will have to make tougher decisions on who to keep, whether they decide to go in favor of a proven player instead of a rookie, or take a risk on a rookie (potential keeper) and have to drop a decent player.

2. No point of even researching sleepers. While in most leagues, it is a risk to take someone you value as a sleeper with a late round choice, in this league there are so many spots that your sleeper will be taken no matter what. For example, I might just draft a random rookie I have no knowledge about and he might blow up, while someone other will actually be targeting him and not be able to draft him. If there were less roster spots, the person targeting that sleeper would have to make a decision on drafting him or hoping to pick him on the waiver wire. With more spots, he has no chance of picking him on the waiver wire, because someone will draft him for the sole reason of filling up the roster.

I believe a shorter bench ensures that you have to come to the draft prepared or you need to be great with the waiver wire. It makes the league more competitive, dynamic and makes injuries extremely relevant (should I hold the dead weight for a couple weeks, or pick up someone who can get me some points)

I usually find that most people don't agree with me on this argument, so no harm if it doesn't pass. Just a proposal I had

that is a a very well elaborated argument.

I disagree with it
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
I actually don't disagree with this. Not many of you would remember but I actually took over this league after the first season from a old member Geturembedder (GUE) and I left the settings the same from the inception. I always felt the bench was kinda long but this has always been a pretty competitive league so I left it alone. I'm willing to put that to a vote.
what ever happened to GUE?
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
what ever happened to GUE?

Hell if I know. I know he said he was too busy to continue running the league. He just kind of faded away after that.
I actually don't disagree with this. Not many of you would remember but I actually took over this league after the first season from a old member Geturembedder (GUE) and I left the settings the same from the inception. I always felt the bench was kinda long but this has always been a pretty competitive league so I left it alone. I'm willing to put that to a vote.

Would it just be a simple majority?

• Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Yup
k i vote in favor of cutting down spots
Yeah cutting a bench spot or two is a good idea. I think it should be one for this season, and then we revisit next offseason to see if we want to cut another.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
I'm in favor of cutting down
that's 3-1 (counting vrabbit's vote)

who else is in this league?
Share 49ersWebzone