LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

crzy's Basketball League Final Year (declare Keepers by Tuesday Oct 8)

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I am confident in the Calderon pick.

He finished the season last year ranked 26 by Yahoo, while splitting time with Ford down the stretch. Before Ford came back he was a top 15 fantasy player.

I had to take him at the top of the 3rd round, because he was going to be gone by the mid-late 3rd.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by crzyafrican:
Time will tell, but I think you're gonna regret that pick, my man.

Jose Calderon?

Yeah, or at least with that pick. But like I said, time will tell.

why do you say that? I am just wondering...i think with Ford out Jose will get 35-38 minutes a game and will improve his numbers all around

Because I think the league figured him out a bit toward the end of the year, and to improve upon the numbers that he put up while Ford was out would be to have one of the greatest fantasy PG seasons of all time. I think he's reached his ceiling, and combined with the addition of JO (likely slowing down their tempo a little) I think his numbers are going to drop a little. Calderon's fantastic, I picked him last year. But I just think this is a little high for him considering who else is on the board, that's all.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Time will tell, but I think you're gonna regret that pick, my man.

Jose Calderon?

Yeah, or at least with that pick. But like I said, time will tell.

why do you say that? I am just wondering...i think with Ford out Jose will get 35-38 minutes a game and will improve his numbers all around

Because I think the league figured him out a bit toward the end of the year, and to improve upon the numbers that he put up while Ford was out would be to have one of the greatest fantasy PG seasons of all time. I think he's reached his ceiling, and combined with the addition of JO (likely slowing down their tempo a little) I think his numbers are going to drop a little. Calderon's fantastic, I picked him last year. But I just think this is a little high for him considering who else is on the board, that's all.

Gotcha. I never considered taking him since I already have Paul. I kinda agree with you, but at the same time, if you don't have a PG, he may be a good choice. But yea, I am not sure if he would be my keeper choice unless he has one helluva season.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I see Calderon averaging 13 points, 9.5 assists, 1.2 threes, 1.1 steals, 47% FG, 90% FT, 1.5 turnovers.

Basically, he's Jason Kidd with less turnovers, and subtantially better percentages.
I see Calderon averaging 13 points, 9.5 assists, 1.2 threes, 1.1 steals, 47% FG, 90% FT, 1.5 turnovers.

Basically, he's Jason Kidd with less turnovers, and subtantially better percentages.

Yeah, that sounds about right. You don't have to defend the pick or anything, I was just throwing my two cents out there.
BRB with my pick, y'all.
I select Tim Duncan.
If anyone wants to move up, I'm willing to listen. If nothing substantive happens in 15 minutes, I'll make my pick.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Pinned
Pinned

The benefits of being a Mod are sometimes in self interest, but I don't give a fcuk. (ie Lakers thread gets pinned ..... )

With the 29th pick, I select.....

Carlos Boozer's forehead acne!

• 4ML
  • Veteran

Good pick LA. He is in his contract year, I expect him to tear it up this year.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Did you hear that we re-signed today?

And thank you, 49ersMyLife.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Did you hear that we re-signed today?

And thank you, 49ersMyLife.

Yeah, I saw that. I think that he did a good job last year when we called on him. Hopefully he can hold it down when Bynum takes a seat.
Share 49ersWebzone