sharesShare this on Facebook Share this on Twitter Share this on Google+ Share this on Tumblr Flip into Flipboard Share this on Reddit Share via SMS Share via Email
With the NFL Scouting Combine complete, here's a look at how the first round of the 2016 NFL Draft might shape up based on current needs for each NFL team. Of course, things will change after the free agency period so there will be more to come at that point.
The first round kicks off on Thursday, April 28th at the Auditorium Theatre in Chicago. Version 1.0 of my mock draft can be found here.
1) Tennessee Titans - Laremy Tunsil, OT, Mississippi
No change here. Titans still need protection for Mariota.
2) Cleveland Browns - Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
Solidified his position at the combine as the draft's top QB.
3) San Diego Chargers - Jalen Ramsey, DB, Florida State
The Chargers simply can't pass on a talent like this.
4) Dallas Cowboys - Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
No-brainer pick to replace Greg Hardy at defensive end.
5) Jacksonville Jaguars - DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
Huge, athletic and versatile DL for Gus Bradley's defense.
6) Baltimore Ravens - Ronnie Stanley, OL, Notre Dame
Slides in at LT for the soon-to-be released Eugene Monroe.
7) San Francisco 49ers - Jared Goff, QB, California
With Kap likely on his way out, the 49ers go with Goff.
8) Miami Dolphins - Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
Huge upgrade over the departing Kelvin Sheppard.
9) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida
Perfect pick for a team in desperate need of CB talent.
10) New York Giants - Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
Replenishing the Giants depleted d-line is a priority.
11) Chicago Bears - Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State
Size and athleticism is badly needed in the Bears secondary.
12) New Orleans Saints - A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
Help is on the way for a historically bad run defense.
13) Philadelphia Eagles - William Jackson, III, Houston
Huge need filled at corner with the fast-rising Jackson.
14) Oakland Raiders - Jonathan Bullard, DE, Florida
Bullard and Mack bookends are a scary thought.
15) Los Angeles Rams - Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
A new(ish) home brings a new QB for the LA franchise.
16) Detroit Lions - Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss
Talent meets position of need for the Lions.
17) Atlanta Falcons - Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma State
Even with Beasley, ATL struggled to get pressure off the edge.
18) Indianapolis Colts - Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State
Speedy playmaking LB for the Colts defense.
19) Buffalo Bills - Leonard Floyd, LB/DE, Georgia
Rush LB to replace the recently released Mario Williams.
20) New York Jets - Noah Spence, DE/OLB, Eastern Kentucky
Spence's slide finally ends in the Big Apple.
21) Washington Redskins - Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA
Replaces "Pot Roast" in the middle of the Redskins defense.
22) Houston Texans - Ezekiel Elliot, RB, Ohio State
Absolute steal to replace the broken down Arian Foster.
23) Minnesota Vikings - Jack Conklin, OL, Michigan State
Immediate starter at RG, potential long-term answer at RT.
24) Cincinnati Bengals - Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State
Should develop in to an excellent #2 receiver behind Green.
25) Pittsburgh Steelers - Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana
Replaces Kelvin Beachum at LT protecting Big Ben's blind side.
26) Seattle Seahawks - Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
So many needs, but Carroll goes DL with this selection.
27) Green Bay Packers - Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama
As usual, the Packers stay true to their board and go BPA.
28) Kansas City Chiefs - Kevin Dodd, DE/LB, Clemson
Powerful and athletic pass rusher for the Chiefs defense.
29) Arizona Cardinals - Shilique Calhoun, DE/LB, Michigan State
Cards get younger on the edge with this fast-rising prospect.
30) Carolina Panthers - Taylor Decker, OL, Ohio State
Decker makes it the sixth Buckeye taken in the 1st round.
31) Denver Broncos - Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Ole Miss
World champs take a chance on the troubled defensive lineman.