Now that the NFL season is officially over, we can start looking forward to 2016. What better way to do that than with our first mock draft? Things will change after the free agency period so there will be more to come at that point. In the meantime, let's take a look at how the first round might shape up based on current needs.
1) Tennessee Titans - Laremy Tunsil, OT - Mississippi
Drafting Tunsil allows Taylor Lewan to move to RT, solidifying the Titans o-line.
2) Cleveland Browns - Carson Wentz, QB - North Dakota State
Hue Jackson goes with Wentz over Goff.
3) San Diego Chargers - Jalen Ramsey, DB - Florida State
Bosa isn't really a scheme fit here while Ramsey could end up being the best player in this draft.
4) Dallas Cowboys - Joey Bosa, DE - Ohio State
Much better fit in Dallas, particularly if they don't re-sign Greg Hardy.
5) Jacksonville Jaguars - Noah Spence, DE/OLB - Eastern Kentucky
Most explosive pass rusher in the draft and an ideal piece for Gus Bradley's defense.
6) Baltimore Ravens - DeForest Buckner, DE - Oregon
Typical BPA approach nets the Ravens a solid re-building block for their defensive line.
7) San Francisco 49ers - Jared Goff, QB - California
Baalke and Kelly simply won't be able to pass on a franchise QB.
8) Miami Dolphins - Myles Jack, LB - UCLA
One of the most explosive athletes in the draft should be ready to go by training camp.
9) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Ezekiel Elliot, RB - Ohio State
As Doug Martin moves on, the Bucs land the perfect complimentary piece to Winston.
10) New York Giants - Vernon Hargreaves, CB - Florida
The first step in rebuilding what has become an atrocious pass defense.
11) Chicago Bears - Laquon Treadwell, WR - Mississippi
Searching for playmakers to take over for the soon-to-be-departed Alshon Jeffrey.
12) New Orleans Saints - A'Shawn Robinson, DT - Alabama
Help is on the way for one of the worst rush defenses in the league.
13) Philadelphia Eagles - Mackensie Alexander, CB - Clemson
You don't have to be an NFL scout to see how badly the Eagles need help at CB.
14) Oakland Raiders - Ronnie Stanley, OT - Notre Dame
The Raiders benefit greatly from Stanley's fall as both of Oakland's LTs are free agents.
15) Los Angeles Rams - Paxton Lynch, QB - Memphis
New town (kind of) means a new young QB for the Los Angeles franchise.
16) Detroit Lions - Andrew Billings, DT - Baylor
Talent meets position of need for the Lions.
17) Atlanta Falcons - Shaq Lawson, DE - Clemson
Even with the emergence of Vic Beasley, the Falcons still had only 19 sacks last year.
18) Indianapolis Colts - Reggie Ragland, LB - Alabama
Should eventually emerge as the leader of the Colts defense.
19) Buffalo Bills - Taylor Decker, OT - Ohio State
Has the tools (if not the athleticism) to develop into a steady LT replacement for Cordy Glen.
20) New York Jets - Robert Nkemdiche, DE/DT - Mississippi
The Jets get a top 2-3 talent who also carries a ton of baggage with him.
21) Washington Redskins - Vernon Butler, DT - Louisiana Tech
Replacing Terrance "Pot Roast" Knighton in the middle of the Redskins defense.
22) Houston Texans - Jarran Reed, DT - Alabama
Likely addressing QB through free agency, the Texans plug in Reed opposite J.J. Watt.
23) Minnesota Vikings - Darron Lee, LB - Ohio State
The Vikings strengthen their LB corps by adding Lee to play the weakside backer.
24) Cincinnati Bengals - Eli Apple, CB - Ohio State
Should develop into a steady cover corner replacing Leon Hall.
25) Pittsburgh Steelers - Shon Coleman, OT - Auburn
Replaces free agent Kelvin Beachum at LT protecting Big Ben's blind side.
26) Seattle Seahawks - Germain Ifedi, OT - Texas A&M
To keep Russell Wilson alive (much less upright), the Seahawks must upgrade their o-line.
27) Green Bay Packers - Jaylon Smith, LB - Notre Dame
Like the Ravens, the Packers stay true to their board and draft BPA.
28) Kansas City Chiefs - Leonard Floyd, DE/OLB - Georgia
With needs all over their defense, they choose the top pass rusher still on the board.
29) Arizona Cardinals - Kevin Dodd, DE - Clemson
Powerful and athletic pass rusher for the Cards already ferocious defense.
30) Carolina Panthers - Kendall Fuller, CB - Virginia Tech
Another of the Fuller brothers with similar ball-hawking skills to Kyle (Bears 1st round pick in '14).
31) Denver Broncos - Jonathan Bullard, DE
The world champs have plenty of needs going into 2016; they start with replacing Malik Jackson.
* The New England Patriots do not own a first-round selection.